[FND] Woodland inn/dimonds cove tileset.

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

[FND] Woodland inn/dimonds cove tileset.

Post by Merlin »

Years ago when I made Dimonds Cove I always wanted to give it a different look then the hurnsclad tileset.
Attachments
woodlandinn-exterior.png
woodlandinn-exterior.png (163.69 KiB) Viewed 7749 times
woodlandinn.png
woodlandinn.png (181.05 KiB) Viewed 7749 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [WIP] Woodland inn/dimonds cove tileset.

Post by WildX »

And this was never used? Wow! I really like the wood features. The outside roof may be a bit dark, but overall I'd really like to see this going to good use eventually!

TMW Team member

TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

I really like this - I think maybe this in conjunction with what Micksha's already produced may look amazing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

looks amazing
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Evol based woodland inn outdoor set. Took me one beer to put the grass and dirt on it that matches.
Attachments
woodlandinn-1-evol.png
woodlandinn-1-evol.png (158.41 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
Last edited by Merlin on 03 Mar 2018, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

The only part that probably needs a remake is the window glass. Maybe something along the lines of the Artis tileset?

TMW Team member

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

done with that glass color and the floors from the new hurnclad.
Attachments
woodlandinn-1-evol.png
woodlandinn-1-evol.png (159.83 KiB) Viewed 7717 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

mock up of the cove
useing merlins woodland set. same thing for evol based thou.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-07_20-24-15.png
Screenshot_2018-03-07_20-24-15.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 7685 times
MerlinX420
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I think this may be a good chance to make the building smaller. It's always been a bit too unrealistically tall with that huge roof. Also for the tileset that grass looks a bit too gray to me. Neon is bad but a more healthy shade of green would be nice.

TMW Team member

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I'm going to change the outside quite a bit and add some more profile to it instead of just a box. It will be only the be the 3 original stories as mapped.
The grass for your set is different then that grass. it was easier for me to show the set with my tiles because it's already done and mapped that way. Once micksha lays down his tiles and those are final I can easily make the evol version. I can make my transition tiles for both sets at the same time. I am also making a woodland castle set since the original coloration of the set never got used. It got used in 2 variants before it ever got included in it's original form.
EDIT:
Looking again I realize I still have much more to do in order to make the cove. Some of the textures of the wood aren't correct at all. I need to do them over like I did the 45 degree angle fascia on the overhang. That took some time. It's been awhile since I wanted to finish this. I'm in no rush so I'm going to make sure I get this right.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've gotten around to working with this set and working out some of the graphical issues I saw with it. In the course of mapping I've started to make a few additional tile sets to give more options and reuse in the future. This includes a new set to provide more fringe placement options.
woodland_ground_fringe.png
woodland_ground_fringe.png (45.06 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
Also in construction I went and make versions of the swamp building roof to provide one less steep then the high pitch roof I have planed with:
tileroofs.png
tileroofs.png (136.29 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
The WIP sheet for the low pitch roof is looking like:
tileroof_lowpitch.png
tileroof_lowpitch.png (64.03 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
This still requires some fixing since i was a quick recolor.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Here is the base set that is basically locked in and going through it's final tweaks:
Attachments
woodland_inn_x2.png
woodland_inn_x2.png (37.15 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
woodland_inn_2.png
woodland_inn_2.png (142.04 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
woodland_inn_1.png
woodland_inn_1.png (190.54 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Also is a new 3x sheet with some new furniture for tmw:
Attachments
woodland_inn_x3.png
woodland_inn_x3.png (72.51 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've gotten around and fixed the problems I had with the set while re-making the cove. I now have a full set ready. Here's the final sets as I am also going to release this on openart.org as well.

Attachments
woodland_inn_x3.png
woodland_inn_x3.png (73.84 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
woodland_inn_x2.png
woodland_inn_x2.png (41.06 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
woodland_inn_2.png
woodland_inn_2.png (136.28 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
woodland_inn_1.png
woodland_inn_1.png (190.52 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

That's it. I'm done. After much nit-picking and procrastinating it's over and done.

Attachments
woodland_inn_x4.png
woodland_inn_x4.png (7.7 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
woodland_inn_x3.png
woodland_inn_x3.png (67.07 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
woodland_inn_x2.png
woodland_inn_x2.png (33.55 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
woodland_inn_2.png
woodland_inn_2.png (131.89 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
woodland_inn_1.png
woodland_inn_1.png (185.89 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
MerlinX420