[WIP] Woodland Trees

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[WIP] Woodland Trees

Post by Micksha »

Hi all,
as reported I have the plan to prepare different growing stages for trees. As per now I want to make 3 different kinds of trees (oak, birch and fir), with 4 or 5 growing stages each. It will not be hard to make them seasonal too, as I prepare them basically from scratch, which results in separate trunk/branch and leaf layer, making it easy to remove / recolor the leaves. Anyhow the "seasonal" issue must be discussed, and I propose to delay it until we have TMW and Evol fully merged.
So, here is my first -edit:second attempt for the oak-like tree (details of shadow not finished yet):
NewTrees.png
NewTrees.png (58.83 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Happy for any kind of comments or critics, as always.

Edit: updated the oak, added the birch and the fir. Makes me pretty happy to get a commendation like that one from great EJlol :) Thanks for that. Once the type of trees are fine I will make one or two diversifications in the medium / large range. @WildX, the Manana tree is not my friend, and it would require mob sprites to give it fruits. Perhaps later.. ;)
Last edited by Micksha on 26 Mar 2018, 19:37, edited 4 times in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Woodland Trees

Post by EJlol »

Nice, I like these. In terms of pixelart they look perfect in my opinion. Though personally I would put my effort in less growing stages (3 instead of 5), and more in alternatives. So for example the middle stage may have 2 or 3 alternatives. With more alternatives I also would prefer the trees more unique and less average. Think of a tree with a hole, a tree where the main branch splits (like you have in the oldest growing stage version), etc.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Love them! The fully grown tree is finally the right size, it's a bit strange that all the trees are so small right now. These look great!

+1 to everything EJ said and also what about Manana trees? D:

TMW Team member

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Seems I have simular problem. The current trees in the game are so small. I looked high and low and couldn't find any trees that would fit.

When I get home and back to my computer I will take a better look at your tree. From what I can thou it looks pretty good. I also might be able to help a little. Drop me a link to the xcf.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?