Female character sits with legs spread apart?

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

/me like
/Platyna not like

;D
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I can't imagine myself sitting like that. Why do we need to make some weirdo stuff on the female models? Normal cross legged position would be quite fine. This one looks twisted. Please, don't do that, I am going to riot against it.

Regards.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Platyna wrote:I can't imagine myself sitting like that. Why do we need to make some weirdo stuff on the female models? Normal cross legged position would be quite fine. This one looks twisted. Please, don't do that, I am going to riot against it.
Well, I already posted my opinion about this ages ago, so I'll just say that I agree with Platyna.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

When I wore a skirt I never even thought about sitting like that.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Modanung, why don't you give it a try? Maybe you can find a pose that will find general acceptance.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I have trouble with Ubuntu lately. Firefox, Gimp, Blender, Inkscape... everything keeps crashing. I think I should reinstall Ubuntu or something.
I try to do something now and then, but it just doesn't work like this.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

wii modanung is alive!

well, iam off to italy now :) (well, in 3 hours...)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Crush wrote:Modanung, why don't you give it a try? Maybe you can find a pose that will find general acceptance.
Why do you insist? You asked for an opinion, and most of opinions has negative expression.

Regards.
imachine
Peon
Peon

Post by imachine »

I personally like all the sit poses made by Saphy and think they could be picked randomly, hinting at certain more biologically convienient poses depending on the characters sex, like spread legs for male characters (I personally sit however I feel comfortable at first, unless I'm in some culturally tight situation, in which I still believe male semi-spread sitting is not to be concidered a lack of personal culture-awareness - spreading legs in my, being male, case is just more comfortable than sitting with legs tightly squeezed together).

Also, some of the sitting poses could change automatically after a while, say, if the in-game character were to sit for long time, he/she'd change his pose automatically.

I think sitting a long time in one pose could be tiring. Hence this input.

It would seem more natural.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Yes that would be more natural, but a lot more work for the spriters.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Too much work for such a little gimick. Keep in mind that all equipment sprites have to be made for all sitting poses in 4 directions.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

I don't see any problem with Crush's sprites set. One can think of it has flexibility "training" if it doesn't seem like a relaxed pose. XD Although sit1 may seems the most relaxed.
maryelser
Peon
Peon

Post by maryelser »

how about the way they sit on endless online? sitting with knees against chest? or how about being able to sit on the benches? i agree with platyna, it looks indecent. indian style would be alright too.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Crush wrote:Because noone seems to care about this quite roadblocking problem since a half year I made the other 4 directions of the pose I like best. When noone creates 4 complete frames he/she considers better in a week I will commit it and change all existing equipment graphics.

Now that I look at this again, the legs seems too thin and the shading isn't smooth at all, which makes the sprite looks flat. Maybe you should use more colour?

maryelser, how do they sit on endless online?