Female character sits with legs spread apart?

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

IMHO...

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Ouch. Looks like that hurts ;)
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

AxlTrozz wrote:IMHO...

wow is good
:D
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Ouch, broken legs.
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

Saphy wrote:Ouch, broken legs.
Yes, that can work, but it requires that the torso turn as well. The legs also aren't -quite- in the right place.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

well in fact I'm not the best pixelating chars, this is my first time, but I just wanted to suggest this position, please anyone (with more experience) can take the idea and finish the char
mon
Peon
Peon

Re:

Post by mon »

ImageImage

I think any of these 2 would be acceptable. And only change the front pose because it is the only one facing the player. The other sitting positions seem fine the way they were. The plus side is, only one image would need to be changed per wardrobe.
a.k.a. - Achel
Slave
Novice
Novice

Re: Female character sits with legs spread apart?

Post by Slave »

how about sit1 for dudes and sit 3 for girls?
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

I think that male and female characters should not be too differentiated. It would be annoying and old-fashioned in a bad way. We are not that different biologically. Most of what people think is different is all about culture, and does not need to be considered in a game like this.

Many of the suggested "feminine" positions are not really comfortable for anyone (just as "feminine" clothes are often not very comfortable, I suppose). So please, choose a sitting position that works for both genders. :)

I suspect that making the female characters very "feminine" is something that appeals mostly to male players, whereas it makes me, a female player, feel very uncomfortable. Any differences should be natural, such as the female characters having breasts, and the culturally biased differences should be kept to a minimum, in my opinion, especially since the cultural bias is often a sexist one.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Vink wrote:I think that male and female characters should not be too differentiated. It would be annoying and old-fashioned in a bad way. We are not that different biologically. Most of what people think is different is all about culture, and does not need to be considered in a game like this.

Many of the suggested "feminine" positions are not really comfortable for anyone (just as "feminine" clothes are often not very comfortable, I suppose). So please, choose a sitting position that works for both genders. :)

I suspect that making the female characters very "feminine" is something that appeals mostly to male players, whereas it makes me, a female player, feel very uncomfortable. Any differences should be natural, such as the female characters having breasts, and the culturally biased differences should be kept to a minimum, in my opinion, especially since the cultural bias is often a sexist one.
I agree wholeheartedly. Which is why I don't like the "look at my groin" sitting posture that is appealing to mostly male players. Don't know why they like it, but it is probably a culture thing.

On the other hand, I prefer this posture because it isn't anything stereotypical, and can be used for both male and female:

But until a general conscience and agreement is reached regarding which one to use officially, I couldn't really progress. Well, I can fix the shading and create the sprite for all sitting posture, but I believe the time can be used more wisely.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well that one is the only one no one opposes, so I guess that is our choice?
This message used to be meaningful.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

its comfortable, looks good, and is unsexist. go for it.
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Okay. I have attempted one of the side view:

Version a:Image Version b:Image

Which one looks more natural? Or are they both terrible? Is the perspective correct?

If only I have a character model with movable joints, or a digital camera, it would make drawing poses so much easier.
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Saphy wrote:Okay. I have attempted one of the side view:

Which one looks more natural? Or are they both terrible? Is the perspective correct?

If only I have a character model with movable joints, or a digital camera, it would make drawing poses so much easier.
Looks like one leg's in the air in profile, but both on the ground face on.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Shaggy wrote:
Saphy wrote:Okay. I have attempted one of the side view:

Looks like one leg's in the air in profile, but both on the ground face on.
To me it looks like the sprites right leg does not extend to being full flat to the ground like the front view. It could a little lower and longer.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad