Female character sits with legs spread apart?

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

What about something like this?

This is not looking too meditative (although i like the yoga positions too :wink: )
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I already showed this picture with female sitting poses from my favorite sprite reference (ragnarok online) a while ago on irc, but i just found it again on my hard drive:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Hmm... Something like these?

ImageImageImageImageImage
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I like this one most:
deesine
Peon
Peon

Post by deesine »

Saphy wrote:ImageImage
I prefer these.

Though the second one brings my mind to something dirty. Might wanna change the right hand position slightly.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I like sit3 and sit5 the most, they are modest and look quite realistic. If spriteset is so small such stuff like leg moved forward etc. looks like the character were some weird way gnarled.

Regards.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Saphy wrote:Image
I know this is a rather common sitting position in anime, but have you ever tried to sit like that? At least my knees are under considerable stress, if I can even make it. I think it has somehow grown common in cartoons cause of cuteness factor.

I like sit1 and sit3, though the legs of sit3 should be replaced with the better looking legs of sit2 (perspective seems better in particular).
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Bjørn wrote:
Saphy wrote:Image
I know this is a rather common sitting position in anime, but have you ever tried to sit like that? At least my knees are under considerable stress, if I can even make it. I think it has somehow grown common in cartoons cause of cuteness factor.
I have no problem sitting in that position. It isn't stressful for me at all, but that's just me being abnormal.

However, sit5 would be stressful if it is done for 30 minutes or more. I would prefer sit4 to sit5 in real life.
Bjørn wrote: I like sit1 and sit3, though the legs of sit3 should be replaced with the better looking legs of sit2 (perspective seems better in particular).
Here's sit3 with perspective legs of sit2:

I have made the equavalent male sprites as well:
ImageImageImageImageImage
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i think male should sit like the position no. 1 in your post (from the left)
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

I like sits One and Four, as they both look quite comfortable and relaxed.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Sitting positions in order of comfort factor are one, three and two for me as a male. Since I have a old knee injury I cant sit on my knees and I never did that before I hurt my knee anyway.

I dont have much to say about women sitting positions other than it should look feminine. Whatever that may be. :P
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Crush wrote:I already showed this picture with female sitting poses from my favorite sprite reference (ragnarok online) a while ago on irc, but i just found it again on my hard drive:
Crush, in Ragnarok they are randomly chosen or depends on something?
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

in ro all classes have their own sprites and thus their individual poses.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Looking at their waists I think these sprites should only be used for ill poor begging homeless characters. ;)

Artwise I think there are some anatomic, lighting and perspective issues that need slight fixin'. But positionwise they're ok. After the issues would be fixed I'd prefer 1 (and 3 a bit) for females. And the frame we have now, or a slightly edited version, for males.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Because noone seems to care about this quite roadblocking problem since a half year I made the other 4 directions of the pose I like best. When noone creates 4 complete frames he/she considers better in a week I will commit it and change all existing equipment graphics.

• NOT a game master