Character Faceset(s) Development (discontinued)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

*luna*stella*sol*
Peon
Peon

Post by *luna*stella*sol* »

I don't think, these pixel graphics and the logo are a good fit.

There should be a pixeled logo, too, or the picture should be vektor graphics.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I agree, vector graphics for the login screen. Just fits better.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
shiroi
Peon
Peon

Post by shiroi »

How about an illustration for the login? I'm getting some time off in a week, I might be able to slide an illustration in.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

*luna*stella*sol* wrote:I don't think, these pixel graphics and the logo are a good fit.

There should be a pixeled logo, too, or the picture should be vektor graphics.
Agreed, besides the line art looked like crap anyway. Now that I saw it in colour, it looked even worse. I should have worked on it a bit more before posting it, eh, ohwell, I'll just cut off the head and use it as an avatar.
Back on topic; so were is that list of things to-do or should I just take a look at the wiki page instead?
Last edited by Korcha on 21 Mar 2007, 14:22, edited 3 times in total.
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Hmm.. It seems face sets are not needed (as of yet), right?
Hmm.. Then how about gender portraits? You know when you create a character?
For example; lets say I wanted to choose a female character, not that I would or anything, I would select something like this when prompt:
I would like to know if this is/ or not needed for The Mana World.
Last edited by Korcha on 21 Mar 2007, 16:16, edited 9 times in total.
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Maybe we could use the faces in the profile window - with stats etc.

Regards.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Platyna wrote:Maybe we could use the faces in the profile window - with stats etc.
I can also sprite face portraits, but right at the moment I just wanna know if what I previously mentioned is needed.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

To be honest I don't really think that we have need for that. What we really need are

-monster sprites
-map tiles
-equipment sprites

But still some constructive critique: i noticed that you mirror a lot. You shouldn't do this. It looks strange.

The two halfs of a human body are never perfect symetrical. You can see this very well when looking at faces. When you take a frontal photography of someone and replace one half of the face with a horizontal mirrored copy of the other half the result often looks like a completely different person. That's why it looks very unnatural when you create a face where both halfs are identical. The same applies to the rest of the human body, too.

The same applies to the furry creature. It is very unlikely that the fur looks exactly the same on both sides of the creature. That gives it a quite unnatural look.
Last edited by Crush on 13 Mar 2007, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Crush wrote:To be honest I don't really think that we have need for that.
I dont understand. Every little bit helps regardless of what it is....
I cannot and will not make body armor sets because for one; I do not like the new (or old) player sets and I will only make concept/ idle sprites.

Hmm.. Well then I guess these sprites are of no actual use as of now. The mods can just go on ahead an close this meaningless thread until the need arises for the face sets to be used.
Until that time comes my service here is no longer needed. Im done for today.
Crush wrote:i noticed that you mirror a lot.
Its intentional. But I dont do it that too often to were it becomes a problem, besides game designers do the same exact thing so why can't I?
The only reason why I mirrored it in the first place was because; one; it was a quickie (the hair is yet to be finished), two; I did not know if it would be used (it wont), and three; it was a large sprite. It would have taken more additional time to complete if I were to draw the other half (which I was not gonna do).
Im sure you would have done the same thing.

Though it was really unessessary I do appreciate the constructive criticism.