Axl & Eman Art Dump

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Eman wrote:By the way, who likes the Steve Irwin look for tmw characters? Maybe the khaki outfit can be won as a result of a quest, or maybe only made available on his birthday? (Feb. 22 by the way...courtesy of Wikipedia) I don't know, I was just trying to be creative somehow.

As nice as that might sound, I think it might be a tad too early for that.

However, I'm not opposed to a safari outfit. :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

AxlTrozz wrote:By the way, i have a question, it is possible to implement animations like fire ? because i want to work in a torch (animated) but if is not possible ill do something different
On the long term: sneakily made overlaying tiles moved about by a particle engine.
This message used to be meaningful.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I have the very first wall brick tile, i read the pixelart tutorials and this is what it comes from that.

Any advice is gong to be really appreciated

P.D. i just finished my second and third version

Image Image
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

AxlTrozz wrote:I have the very first wall brick tile, i read the pixelart tutorials and this is what it comes from that.

Any advice is gong to be really appreciated

P.D. i just finished my second and third version

Image Image
Looking good. I have a few suggestions though. Try adding one more shade in between the dark and light tan colors. Also, why is there a VERY symmetrical and odd-looking line splitting the second brick into two? The third is looking quite good, by the way. So yes, having only two shades of tan in the first brick looks quite awkward. Bring that up to three and it will look far better. :)
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Pauan i tried to improve the tiles based on your comments, here the new versions..

Image Image Image

i modified the lines in the second one to form the line of bricks
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

AxlTrozz wrote:Pauan i tried to improve the tiles based on your comments, here the new versions..

Image Image Image

i modified the lines in the second one to form the line of bricks
I actually rather liked the first one better. Try adding more dithering to the left-most brick tile. That should help it quite a bit.

I still dislike the lines on the second tile though. Far too symmetrical. Try adding more noticeable gaps and cracks into it. It's rather rare to find a tile of that material in such good condition. :wink:

Still no comments on the third. :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Did you check out how they look tiled?
ImageImageImage

You got to work on that.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I have a lot of work to do, your'e right Crush i have to work wit the tiles together, i've been thinking on something like this...Temple Entrance (just a rough draft mostly a concept) what do you think ?

mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

I like it.

The snake statues look a bit plain and the tiles need to be worked over, but the concept is really nice.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

overall concept and colours are nice. But on this stage of developing it looks just ugly. Before you start tilling something I recommend to draw it on paper. Concept arts are very useful.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Mm'kay, if you're going to be using those tiles for a wall, try staggering the bricks more. If you like, I can find some very nice reference pictures for nice bricks. :)
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

well didn't draw in a paper but this is my vision about the temple entrance but you are right looks weird. i'll try to do something more elaborated next time, i consider this the very first stage.
Pauan, i think i'll change the wall (actually i didn't like it either) if you have any example or model i can use go ahead and "hit me"
Also im checking ancient architecture and i'll try something different may be that works better with the wall and the entrance

thanks both for your comments
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

This is something i did just because i felt like it. I am using colors from your images. Feel free to use them for your tileset, modify them, get inspired by them or just forget about them:
They still lack a bit detail. some scratches and cracks in the stones would make them look better.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:This is something i did just because i felt like it. I am using colors from your images. Feel free to use them for your tileset, modify them, get inspired by them or just forget about them:
They still lack a bit detail. some scratches and cracks in the stones would make them look better.
and some dirt on the bricks near ground...
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

One of those tiles look like a "rock writing" of a viking ship. :P
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.