temple development by Axl

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Tilesets with faded shadows (40%) and minor corrections, the second tileset is just modified damaged floor versions (EDIT: and some others aditions)
Image>>complement>>> Image

Zipon (EDIT: or any volunteer ) - you can start working with this tilesets, let me know any missing piece, you can use the deset tileset for the sand, palm trees and other additions, please check the previuos pages in this thread to have an idea of what we want to create in the entrance, thank you
Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:27, edited 2 times in total.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

I think the shadow is still too dark. You can try to use photon mapping or radiosity to simulate the environment using 3D modelling applications, such as Blender + Yafray. It wouldn't be this dark.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I think the tileset is mature enough to start mapping something, we could fix/add things along the way.

Any volounteer?
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

I could try mapping something out, after I finish up the Mushroom Forest.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Ok I started on the temple. I have two requests, if people are still up to it:
the first one is just a suggestion, not really important, the second one could give the tileset a lot more potential.

1. Perhaps perhaps you could add a tile that is completely sand to the second image with the floor tiles? That would avoid us having to load another tileset just for that one tile.

2. A staircase to lower/higher floors. Perhaps the easiest way to do this is by putting the staircase behind a door (like in one of the early versions of zelda)

Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I am working on a couple different coffins for the temple. I currently have the outline for a coffin that is laying down with the lid open, and an outline for a coffin that is standing up and open that could be propped against a wall.

I don't have much, but I what I have started is this:

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

5t3v3 wrote:Ok I started on the temple. I have two requests, if people are still up to it:
the first one is just a suggestion, not really important, the second one could give the tileset a lot more potential.

1. Perhaps perhaps you could add a tile that is completely sand to the second image with the floor tiles? That would avoid us having to load another tileset just for that one tile.

2. A staircase to lower/higher floors. Perhaps the easiest way to do this is by putting the staircase behind a door (like in one of the early versions of zelda)

5t3v3, I'm glad you are working on the temple

About No. 1 I can add the sand tile, but you wont have all the new variations (Len's creations), if you are working on outdoor environment you will need the whole tileset with all the variations, but if your work is for indoors, there is only one tile for indoor and is in the middle of the first frame on the first tileset

About No2 I'll try to create a staircase, then you will be able to put it behind any door using layers in tile :)
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Dr Wahl wrote:I am working on a couple different coffins for the temple. I currently have the outline for a coffin that is laying down with the lid open, and an outline for a coffin that is standing up and open that could be propped against a wall.

I don't have much, but I what I have started is this:

It would be a nice addition, I would say take the first one a work with it, trying to put carving, some golden shapes, may be holders for transport that will give a nice look
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

About No. 1 I can add the sand tile, but you wont have all the new variations (Len's creations), if you are working on outdoor environment you will need the whole tileset with all the variations, but if your work is for indoors, there is only one tile for indoor and is in the middle of the first frame on the first tileset
Oh, sorry I overlooked that tile, I guess it's ok then
About No2 I'll try to create a staircase, then you will be able to put it behind any door using layers in tile :)
Well any type of staircase will do, I just suggested this because I thought it would be less work for you when using the existing doorways.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

5t3v3, I'm reposting the second tileset, I added the fountain (I forgot to do it before) and some furniture, and also you will find a jade brick but I don't know if is any use for it in the temple, now I'm working in the stairs

EDIT : refresh your browser, I added the stairs, please try them

Note: I didn't say thank you for your interest in create the temple maps :wink:
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I've been busy on the other map, there seemed to be some other problems with the mountain passage. Either way, I continued with the temple now, and I still have a few questions.
1. The window for the outside wall, has this grey grid, is that how it's suppose to be, or did you forget to fill that, because it looks a bit out of place.
2. In the second tileset where you added the stairs, one of the tiles overlaps with the pillar, I don't think this was your intention.
3. In some of the previous post you had thick stone arches for the top of the wall, did you decide they weren't that great, or just forgot to add them?
4. I'm having some trouble finding the right transitiontiles to go from wall to roof,the one I tried with doesn't match (the cracks in the brown wall tiles don't align). Maybe I'm using the wrong tiles I don't know.
5. If you feel up to it, I think a better finish on the outside corners might make it nicer.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

5t3v3, Ok I'll try to take care of the issues, I'll post the result, thank you

EDIT: I'm posting the fixed window, still have the gray grid because I was thinking in a iron based grid to hold the crystals, but if you feel after this version that doesn't fit I'll change it :wink:
In fact the windows needed some quality so I tried to create a better general look, I hope it works
** EDIT 2 : Also I'm adding the tileset with the stairs position fixed(this time I tested in Tiled)
***EDIT 3 : now with the bricks at the top, with a flat roof behind :)

ImageImage
Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

5t3v3 wrote:I've been busy on the other map, there seemed to be some other problems with the mountain passage. Either way, I continued with the temple now, and I still have a few questions.
1. The window for the outside wall, has this grey grid, is that how it's suppose to be, or did you forget to fill that, because it looks a bit out of place.
2. In the second tileset where you added the stairs, one of the tiles overlaps with the pillar, I don't think this was your intention.
3. In some of the previous post you had thick stone arches for the top of the wall, did you decide they weren't that great, or just forgot to add them?
4. I'm having some trouble finding the right transitiontiles to go from wall to roof,the one I tried with doesn't match (the cracks in the brown wall tiles don't align). Maybe I'm using the wrong tiles I don't know.
5. If you feel up to it, I think a better finish on the outside corners might make it nicer.
1. done, Hopefully
2. done
3. done
4. Still nothing
5. WIP
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Alright, I added 4 versions of the end-of-the-wall, two for the left side and two for the right side (this solves the point 5.)
I'll test the transition between wall and roof, but I remember it was ok, anyways I'll post any change (point 4 is the only one left) ;)
ImageImage
Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Well, now that the arcs are back, I can use those as end of the roof, so I guess all points are solved then.