Equipment & Item Development (discontinued)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Equipment & Item Development (discontinued)

Post by Korcha »

Equipment
( Total 13 )
Item
( Total 11 )
old:
new:
Now before I go an get a head of myself here I wanna know if they are needed or not.
No sence in creating more if there not gonna even be used, you know? So let me know.
----------------------------------------------
Moving onto a different subject;
Now if you would want I could maybe design outfits and weapons for the player set, but I ll need to apply my own art style. The reason why? Well, because I dont agree with how the current one looks, not that their bad or anything, its just that, to me it does not feel very mana-ish.
Unless of course thats Elvens intention then nevermind with my rubbish and continue on with the equip./ item viewing.
I know that they are not perfect, but atleast I tried.
Before I hit the hay; here are some quick frontal animation examples I put together to show the little dude in action:
Image Image Image Image Image
Remember I do not have to do this if you do not want me too. Its just a suggestion after all.
I ll still create the items though regardless of your choice. So no loss here.

(yawn) Anyway goodnight..
Last edited by Korcha on 26 Apr 2007, 12:44, edited 10 times in total.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Your items are lovely and of course we will find a place for them. Whenever you'd like to be more useful, I guess there are a lot of items required for quests and some icons for the client. Also soon or later I'd like to have custom icons for the website/forum, you could apply for it as well.

About the player character, well I guess we all agree to keep the current RO style, even if I like your animations I tihnk we will stay here. But feel free to work on top of it. We need female hairsets, animated hairsets, equipments and a lot more.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Equipment & Item Development

Post by Bjørn »

Korcha wrote:Image
I wouldn't agree to replace the current player character with this guy, but if this set is finished and can be kept reasonably compatible (equipment-wise) with the current player character, then I would like the idea of adopting this as a second playable race.

I quite like your items, too.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Now if you would want I could maybe design outfits and weapons for the player set, but I ll need to apply my own art style. The reason why? Well, because I dont agree with how the current one looks, not that their bad or anything, its just that, to me it does not feel very mana-ish.
Sorry, but when you are unable to adapt the style of other people you are unable to work in a team.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Crush wrote:Sorry, but when you are unable to adapt the style of other people you are unable to work in a team.
eh, I did not say that I could not adapt (were did I write that?), all I stated was that it did not look mana-ish, and I would create a less RO type sprite base. Thats all I said. In anycase if thats how you feel then I ll just be on my way. Later.
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Korcha wrote:
Crush wrote:Sorry, but when you are unable to adapt the style of other people you are unable to work in a team.
eh, I did not say that I could not adapt (were did I write that?), all I stated was that it did not look mana-ish, and I would create a less RO type sprite base. Thats all I said. In anycase if thats how you feel then I ll just be on my way. Later.
I actually don't have that much problem with the current playerset, except for a couple details: the anatomy is WAY off. The arms look unnatural, the wrists are placed funny, etc. etc. Also, the perspective is not 45* like it is supposed to be, it's more like around 60-70*. Other than that, I don't mind the current playerset. I must say, however, that your playerset's perspective is far far better. If you wanted to tweak the current playerset to get all the problems cleared up, I'd be very happy! :)
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Korcha wrote:
I think that Crush certainly didn't mean to discourage you.. Just keep going, we need equipment sprites, enemies and much more! And we see that you are a capable artist, so let's just move on....

PS.: The Mana World is going to be very customizable (at least I hope so) and I think that clears a way for your new playerset...