Items

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

SirZat
Peon
Peon

Items

Post by SirZat »

Here are some finished items: http://maci.ath.cx/pub/tmw/zat/
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Nice items...im sure we will use them.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

My thoughts...
Emerald: I'm kind of disappointed with this one. Gems sparkle and shine with refracted light; the "inner fire" that diamonds are famous for is present in all transparent gemstones. This wasn't even shaded, so it looks exceptionally flat. And the black outline isn't helpful for that; a dark green outline around the outside edge, and no outlines (but rather the suggestion of facets through shading) inside would look a lot more natural.

Gold: Looks pretty cool.

Silver: Likewise, although I don't understand why it's glowing red. Seems like a faded blue would be more appropriate.

Sand: I'm not quite sure how to look at this. Is it a pile of sand from the top? Looks a little bit like something woven, to me...

Glass: Looks good to me.

Gold bar: Nice shading effects; you got the metallic look well. Some light reflecting off the top/edges would help this effect.

Lumber: Looks good, though a bit dark.

Soap: It's soap... ^_~

Tack: It looks fine, although I was unaware of any need for a tack...

Leather: Some internal blending to soften the vertical lines would help here; give it more of a patchy look. Also, the edges are rather too clean; this is something that probably was just removed from it's former "owner," so it needs to look rough.

Overall, they're nice images. What program do you use to make them?
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

ds

Post by Bear »

I say we ask kekskiller to remake a few of those, then compare. Why i say this is because theres already a few items made and their icons look prety simple and match the gamestyle/gfx

But dont get me wrong, those are some pretty nice images, they would be better not as icons, but as the items description picture when someone clicks it.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

The problem with that being that, given the outlines of what the devs have said they want in terms of item graphics (and I completely agree with them on this), Kekskiller's item graphics are going to have to be remade anyway. They're 20x20, and the official word is 32x32.

Also, see my "Artists' meeting" thread in this forum.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

SirZat, like Elven, is busy during the week and can only post every weekend. I imagine he was in a hurry to get these up before sunday evening.

I've asked him to change around a few icons, so they will be even better by next weekend.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

It looks like many of these images are using very evil gradient and shading effects that I really don't like (see for example soap and gold bar). It looks syntetic, not natural. I would prefer if we tried to stay with the pixelated style Kekskiller started with and that Talaroc has used in his icons.
SirZat
Peon
Peon

Post by SirZat »

ok, i have finished/fixed some items, i will upload them asap.
Proud Minion of Kyokai since 2003
SirZat
Peon
Peon

Post by SirZat »

ok, here they are: http://maci.ath.cx/pub/tmw/zat/Clear%20Backs/
let me know what you think, and if i am breaking some formatting law have kyokai call me as soon as he can.
Proud Minion of Kyokai since 2003
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Try your best to make it to the artists' meeting tomorrow (http://themanaworld.sourceforge.net/php ... .php?t=374). We can discuss the items in detail there.