damage display particle effect ...

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

zick
Novice
Novice

damage display particle effect ...

Post by zick »

I thought it'd be nice to make the particle effect for the damage displays push the numbers away from the center of impact. Especially when you and an enemy are side by side. Like your beating the numbers out of them with the force of your strike. Sometimes the numbers do this and sometimes they don't, and when they don't they overlay your character. Kinda interferes with the scene. Also can we make it that the individual numbers are individual particles that move independently but as a group.

Maybe at some time in the future too: what about making a client side xml file that controls this particle effect that people can mess with. Kinda part of the "skinning" of TMW client without actually being skinning.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: damage display particle effect ...

Post by Crush »

The problem with setting the direction is that the client does not know the source of damage (although this can be changed for TMWServ).

The problem with exporting the properties of the damage number and experience particles to an xml file is that they don't use the standard emitter model.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.