My first drawings for TMW - UPDATED

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I think the english term you're looking for is "vanishing point."
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Yes.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

wow this one is just as good at the previous ones :)

i wish i had that talent too
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Somehow those pictures just keep reminding me about Lord of the Rings.. (The buildings, that is.. Seems like a crossover between Rivendell and Hobbiton.)
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Actually I haven't see anything while drawing, I don't like to take inspiration from other things while drawing, except for punctual things like a piece of cloth or water.
But maybe in subconcious level... :wink:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Rotonen wrote:I basically need some people that won't mind redoing the same picture over and over again (because of me not being satisfied with it..) to do illustrations and conceptual drawings based on my descriptions.. :)

No actual requirements for the job.. ;)

PM me here or most preferrably over IRC..
So, what do you think?

:wink:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Also, I'm drawing Bernhard Evermoore (the carpenter) right now. Is possible that people in the Mana World has shirts and shoulder straps? :?:
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

In concept art, everything is possible.

Don't restrict yourself, let the creativity flow. If it's good and hadn't been thought of yet, it'll be integrated into the game.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

Excellent work Pajarico, i particularly like the landscape :)
Also, the fish sword is quite cool, it could possibly be used as a unique item. I dont know if TMW will be having "unique" items, but i think it would be a good idea, and can also boost the in game economy :)

I would like to see the landscape colored (maybe even vectorised), but that would require a bit of work :/ (i _really_ like that landscape, the unrealism of it suites me somehow, and i think it would be an effective representation of one of the peaceful villages in TMW :D )

Keep up the good work :)
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

="Talaroc"]In concept art, everything is possible.

Don't restrict yourself, let the creativity flow. If it's good and hadn't been thought of yet, it'll be integrated into the game.
[/quote]
It's not a matter of technic, is a matter of how would it fit in the town/world. Like do they have the technology to do it? Or do they acostume to wear those kind of outfits? Does it make sense to them to wear it under their weather?
etc...
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

We've got a variety of cultures and climate zones. What I'm saying is not to feel like you can only draw what would very obviously fit into certain places, because leaving your task (concept art) more open-ended allows for greater creativity, which tends to produce better and more original results.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Pajarico wrote:It's not a matter of technic, is a matter of how would it fit in the town/world. Like do they have the technology to do it? Or do they acostume to wear those kind of outfits? Does it make sense to them to wear it under their weather?
etc...
For questions like these, try checking the world development section of the Wiki, and see where the characters are going to live. Some characters will have access to technology, synthetic clothing, jewels etc. The heaviness of the clothing really depends on the region the character lives in. The climates for regions are pretty well-defined in the regions post on the wiki, so just check the character information against the region information and you should be set. If there are any regions you'd like elaborated on, just let me know with a PM and I'll do a short write up as soon as I get the time.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Actually, this carpenter is currently without a town:
http://themanaworld.org/wiki/?BernhardEvermoore
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

The carpenter is almost done. I need sleep, will upload it tomorrow.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »