Robes

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

mon
Peon
Peon

Re: Robes

Post by mon »

I have finally finished all the smearing and make it look less flat. I also did a little rope belt here, but it still doesn't have that much of an appeal.
He looks like a character that focuses on support magic and healing. I'm having a mental block here.
Attachments
Robe_2.png
Robe_2.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
a.k.a. - Achel
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

how about a small insignia on the left half of the chest, (right when looking at it from out point of view)
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I don't think that this would be a good idea. It would give the robe some fixed symbolism.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

yeah, like a small version of the Manaworld logo? i didnt think that would be a bad idea, ut i see your point
like my avatar? i drew a concept of old savior plate which is now outaded in a bout 5 mins. if you have an avatar froma game you would like me to draw for you give me a PM.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well technically it should not be impossible to attach logos to equipment on the fly.

Hence hardpixelling it in would be wrong.
This message used to be meaningful.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

alright. i finished editing the elder robes, i drained all the color, removed teh flecks of chin from the collar, the bugs from the arms, trimmed up the look, and redid the outline in a nice shade to blend with any dynamic recoloration. i also suggest a new name, how about "Sage Robes"?
Attachments
SageRobes.png
SageRobes.png (91 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You should recolor the rope, or at least make it a different color channel from the robe itself.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

everything is setup so it can be recolored bu i dont handle the actual recoloring. a good suggestion though.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Slave wrote:everything is setup so it can be recolored bu i dont handle the actual recoloring. a good suggestion though.
Right. But as it is, the rope will always have the same color as the robes.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about using a different recoloring channel for the trimmings and the belt?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

is that soemthing i have to do to it? because i havent a clue what that means.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I could do that for you.
  • NOT a game master

Slave
Novice
Novice

Post by Slave »

that would be most apreciated =]. but im open for an explanation afterward of what you did so i can do it as well
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I did it to the first row for now using GIMP:
I selected all the pixels I needed using the "wand" tool on the inner pixels of the trimmings, extending the selection using selection->grow by one pixel to get the border too and added/removed some single pixels which got wrongly selected in the last step using the wand again.

Then I made the selection highly saturated red by reducing the green and blue color channels to zero using colors->curves.

Do you want to try doing this with the rest of the tileset yourself? When you fail I could also do the rest for you.
  • NOT a game master

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Crush wrote:When you fail I could also do the rest for you.
A bit offtopic, but have you grown stressed and stretched lately? :)

Not too long ago you would have used "if" instead of "when".
This message used to be meaningful.