Page 1 of 2

Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 16 Jul 2008, 05:06
by fate
Hi,

here is a glove spritesheet, something I started a long time ago and finally got around to finishing.
gloves-bleached-female-demo.png
gloves-bleached-female-demo.png (62.07 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
It is not particularly sophisticated, but then again, these gloves don't occupy very many pixels. It's bleached to W, so you can dye it to white/brown/grey as needed for the current set of gloves.

Here is the male version:
gloves-bleached-male.png
gloves-bleached-male.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
And here is the female one:
gloves-bleached-female.png
gloves-bleached-female.png (8.24 KiB) Viewed 2826 times

Feel free to use it (GPLv2, as usual), or let me know if there is a particular set of changes you have in mind that would make this usable.

-- fate

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 16 Jul 2008, 09:37
by ElvenProgrammer
Very nice

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 16 Jul 2008, 22:15
by Bankai777
i like that

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 16 Jul 2008, 22:17
by Shaggy
They look like boxing gloves to me (dyed, of course)

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 00:12
by Bankai777
i thought that 2 xD

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 00:46
by fate
Hi,

the question is whether looking a little like boxing gloves makes them unsuitable for the task at hand. I can't make them smaller (for obvious reasons), though I could adjust the shading a little. I am not convinced that this would help, though. (Furthermore, it would make the spritesheet less useful for the winter gloves, which should look a little like boxing gloves.)

-- fate

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 01:01
by Jaxad0127
fate wrote:Hi,

the question is whether looking a little like boxing gloves makes them unsuitable for the task at hand. I can't make them smaller (for obvious reasons), though I could adjust the shading a little. I am not convinced that this would help, though. (Furthermore, it would make the spritesheet less useful for the winter gloves, which should look a little like boxing gloves.)

-- fate
Two versions (maybe more as more gloves are created), this one and another that appears more like a hand, would work.

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 01:53
by fate
Hi,

sure, that would be possible. I do hope that you realise that you are asking me to make the gloves look more like hands than the actual hands, though... ;-)

-- fate

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 02:01
by Red Lord
fate does have a point, since our playersets hands are just round spheres.

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 02:21
by Jaxad0127
True. It was just an idea. I think boxing gloves would be a bit bigger anyways.

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 03:12
by Bankai777
i think the gloves can enhance hand to hand combat i think boxing gloves could be another door to the ways of tmw battle

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 03:20
by Jaxad0127
Bankai777 wrote:i think the gloves can enhance hand to hand combat i think boxing gloves could be another door to the ways of tmw battle
The new server has a fist attack type. Gloves would increase defense, and possibly fist damage.

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 03:53
by Bankai777
exactly

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 13:14
by Red Lord
Why not go with claw type weapons for fist. I guess it would look like a glove, but could not be weilded with a sword.

Re: Gloves spritesheet

Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 15:27
by Jaxad0127
Blacklord wrote:Why not go with claw type weapons for fist. I guess it would look like a glove, but could not be weilded with a sword.
That would be a one- or two-handed weapon, not a glove. The sprite could be created so it goes over the glove.