Evil Jester Mask

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Evil Jester Mask

Post by i »

Spit23 wrote:So, finaly after hours and hours of work, I finished it. I also addet the .xml file, so you can test it in game.
BTW if some of frames are the same (they may have different X/Y offset, but must be same image) you don't have to copy them to sprite sheet. You can use XML file to describe specific animations and X/Y offsets. I think Crush is an expert in this case. Ask him if you need help.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

i wrote:
Spit23 wrote:So, finaly after hours and hours of work, I finished it. I also addet the .xml file, so you can test it in game.
BTW if some of frames are the same (they may have different X/Y offset, but must be same image) you don't have to copy them to sprite sheet. You can use XML file to describe specific animations and X/Y offsets. I think Crush is an expert in this case. Ask him if you need help.
Thank you for the tip. In theory I know that its possible, but practically I don't know how exactly to do it (X/Y values have something to do with mathematics and im really bad at this :? ). But in this case I think it's more clear the way I did the animation sprite because almost every single frame is different (that has something to do with my chaotic methods of operating I guess :wink:). I keep that in mind for my next project.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Oh... I almost forgot :)

Marvellous work. It's good to know that someone make a popper use from our animated sprites support. Anyway smaller spriteset could be even better because of some new additional attack frames in future. However, using this spriteset we could done it as well. Once again GOOD JOB!
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Um... it looks a bit.. too realistic..
It's kinda um... scary and it gives me the chills..
I really like it though... you've done a good job..
really! :o
It's just that the mask is a bit too real it sends these scary vibes.... :(
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Now we need extend our XML files with SOUND EMITER parameter. Bells during walking could be nice addition ;)
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

or really annoying.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

EJlol wrote:or really annoying.
Not if sound emitter will have radius parameter. If radius will be for example 60px in most situation other players couldn't hear that. Also sound volume should decrees with distance. In this case it could be linear function. 0px - volume 100%, 60px - volume 0%.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I was more thinking about when you are wearing it. You would hear the sound at 100% volume everytime you move.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

EJlol wrote:I was more thinking about when you are wearing it. You would hear the sound at 100% volume everytime you move.
Actually you don't have to wear it. If you wear something with bells you almost always hear the bells.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We already discussed how the sound engine could be modified to have sound sources of varying volume depending on their position. We came to the conclusion that we would have to reimplement the whole sound system based on OpenAL instead of SDL to do so.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Resuming all we need to release this sprite is the item icon. I did quality check, and IMO spriteset passed. I know that we could simplify this spriteset, but it isn't big deal to leave it as is. What do you think Crush?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Simplifying the spriteset after all the phases have already been made would be a waste of time and effort.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

i wrote:Resuming all we need to release this sprite is the item icon.
Here it is:
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I created [RC] topic to put this content on SVN.
Here is a link: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4757