Monster/creature doodles

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Ces
Novice
Novice

Monster/creature doodles

Post by Ces »

I just found some doodles of creatures I did some months ago, here are the more presentable ones. Instead of crowding AxlTrozz’ beautiful concepts I’ll post them here.

If I remember correctly the idea was that this creature is the legs/feet of a certain other creature (a doodle not shown, a gentle looking dingo-like monster which floats in mist, legs nowhere to be seen). It’s supposed to have teeth. Failure of concept. But one of my better looking drawings...

The best concept of them all! Or something... :roll: A furry creature too sweet to be killed by innocent players, though they should beware since it has one mouth (at the bottom, not seen) which with a quick bite sticks to its victim, two antennae/ears which either hit its opponents like fists or make it able to fly like an helicopter (not sure what I imagined back then...), three eyes, four noses which also function as arms, and five legs which steers it chaotically from direction to direction. It’s a creature supposed to be harmonically balanced axially, but with no sensible distinction to number of features (unlike humans’ duplicity).

A concept that didn’t work for me on paper was the Big Bug-Eyed Falafel Monster with Very Very Big Teeth. TMW needs more veggie monsters though! The other (not shown) doodles include a giant butterfly, a fiery match stick, a floating mask. None of them particularly interesting.

Well, whatever. If someone finds inspiration from these I’ll rejoice, if someone gets depressed, well, I might apologise...