Newbie NPC

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Yep, thats what players that have been playing but are just making a new character will do.

Or to make sure the newbs do the tutorial you could make it so they cant leave until they are done with it.... :roll:

~Magick~
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

It obviously needs to be optional, the way RO's was. So players can decide if they need it or not.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

If its optionail some newb's might not do it and then you have them going around asking questions that could have been solved...i guess thats why they have us there to help them though right? :P
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

to solve that problem, we can make a Mr.Tip npc for like... 10 GP every tip.
Ofcourse IF we do make 1, itl be in probably every town and major landmark.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

That would be a good idea..i like that :P. Nice thinking.
Ghost
Peon
Peon

Post by Ghost »

I think that the tutorials should be optional. If nOObs choose the skip it thats fine. If they then decide to make a thread asking for help than delete it. If the have an IQ over 48 they'd probaly try the tutorial afterwards. If not, they'll have to figure out how to play the game on there own.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

This is what i think, when people start off, they appear in newbie zone, if they skip, there will be mr.Tip... If needed they can go to the game website and look up controlls and so on?
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Re: re

Post by Kyokai »

Bear wrote:This is what i think, when people start off, they appear in newbie zone, if they skip, there will be mr.Tip... If needed they can go to the game website and look up controlls and so on?
That's good. If they turn down help, it's their own fault. They can't say we didn't try to teach them how to play.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Akyla
Peon
Peon

Post by Akyla »

Here's why people are having a hard time finding the readme.

It's not in .txt format on winblows puters it shows up as not having any file type.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Akyla wrote:Here's why people are having a hard time finding the readme.

It's not in .txt format on winblows puters it shows up as not having any file type.
That's because you sneakily navigated to it using your Explorer. When you'd actually just click the readme menu item in your start menu, it'd launch in notepad just fine I think. Maybe we shouldn't add a desktop shortcut so that people would actually use their start menu and notice the readme item.
Akyla
Peon
Peon

Post by Akyla »

Start menu? What's that?

Seriously, I never use that thing.

Or just add a shortcut to the readme/manual whatever on the desktop that way noone can say they didn't see it.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Maybe a link to a readme on desktop would be too generic... :roll: