monster sprite start

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Whist
Peon
Peon

monster sprite start

Post by Whist »

it's bmp cause I made it with paint and was to lazy to use photo shop to make it a gif...

but yeah, this is what I have for a monster, I didn't measure it with tiles, or really anything, just made it from scratch...I doubt you can use/finish this, but maybe it can give you an idea of a new monster to have some time in the future...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I have actually been thinking about something like that.. With a bit of shading and retouching it could be usable.
Whist
Peon
Peon

Post by Whist »

yeah my shading on it is lame
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Jormungand wrote:check this site out
http://www.videogamesprites.net/
Cool site but everything is copyrighted, won't be used.
Whist
Peon
Peon

Post by Whist »

...ummmmm...okkkkayyy.

but yeah, I use to be pretty decent at sprites, now that I just doodle on my free time (since I have alot less) my shadings turned to more...cartoony..ish...yeahh

but anywho, I'm not that great of a spriter any more but I could try to help with sprite designs, while somebody else makes them on the computer and animates them properly.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

last sprite looks like a hand closed,but not bad.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

That's pretty good. If only everyone were contributing little bits and pieces like this, development would be alot faster. Even if you don't think your design is top quality, we can still touch it up and use it.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: monster sprite start

Post by Bjørn »

Whist wrote:Image

it's bmp cause I made it with paint and was to lazy to use photo shop to make it a gif...
And now it's a png. I think btw that Paint can save a png too, which would be preferred and it would actually show up on the forums. :-)

I like the snake thing.
Whist
Peon
Peon

Post by Whist »

ah...heh I rarely ever save as png unless it's a big photo shop project. I'll remember that for next time

And I found http://www.desertusa.com/animal.html which just has a bunch of animals that live in the desert, since when I think of desert creatures, nothing comes to mind that hasn't already been made, I'm going to use this for some ideas, maybe helpful to others, I dunno.

oh and...dragonfly! Image
It should be able to fit in to two cells...

I made a quick wing animation though I think the middle one should just be kinda a motion blur type thing of the other two, since dragonfly's wings are very fast...or just no use the middle one at all and switch off between the up and down ones at a high speed...onno

and I know most dragon flys normally have another pair of wings, but the one I was looking at only had one...so yeah, thats all I did =P hope it helps
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Could you find your way onto the IRC channels, please..? :)
Whist
Peon
Peon

Post by Whist »

I don't use IRC sorry...I can get it though...