Graphics.

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crass
Peon
Peon

Graphics.

Post by Crass »

Alot of your current graphics, i'm pretty sure are stolen.
And alot of the people posing as pixel artists on your forums, are rippers, they rip graphics off of other games, most of them do a bad job at it too. I'm interested in your project however. I'm not great, but i'm legit. Plus I have no idea how to post images ;[ if I could get a developers AIM, or something..i'd love to either free-lance and submit graphics to help, or maybe get a job on your team. I can make character sprites--good ones, Non-Snes looking o.O and tiles, various other things. I can't draw, just a computer artist.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

Many graphics which were posted in the forums are ripped, and hence are _not_ used in the game. The latest version of TMW uses all original graphics to my knowledge (although it is possible a _tiny_ ammount was ripped and slipped through our origin checks).

But anything you can do for TMW would be extremely helpful. As soon as the new character sprite is finalised there will also be lots of extra equipment/clothing graphics which will need to be done... there is lots of work to do :)
YOU ARE READING THIS!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

What a blatant unfounded accusation! Maybe over half a year ago you would be right, when we did use tiles and sprites ripped from Secret of Mana. Since then, however, we have artists going into great effort to create original graphics and your remark is just plain rude. If you'd actually be able to identify anything that is being used as ripped, your help in tracking copyrighted art down is greatly appreciated and we will make an effort to replace it.

Your offer to help with creating game art is similarly appreciated and you're welcome to hop into our IRC channel and see if anybody is around that could direct you, somebody like Rotonen, Kyokai or ElvenProgrammer.
Ghost
Peon
Peon

Re: Graphics.

Post by Ghost »

Crass wrote:Alot of your current graphics, i'm pretty sure are stolen.
And alot of the people posing as pixel artists on your forums, are rippers, they rip graphics off of other games, most of them do a bad job at it too. I'm interested in your project however. I'm not great, but i'm legit. Plus I have no idea how to post images ;[ if I could get a developers AIM, or something..i'd love to either free-lance and submit graphics to help, or maybe get a job on your team. I can make character sprites--good ones, Non-Snes looking o.O and tiles, various other things. I can't draw, just a computer artist.
:x I am offended by your accusations! You apologize right now mister!

:D Naw I'm just f*ckin around.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

You've been miniflamed enough so I won't say anything about your first remark except "GRR!! :evil:".

For the contributing part: Welcome aboard! :) If you could find your way to our IRC channels, it'd help organizing a lot.
neoriceisgood
Peon
Peon

Post by neoriceisgood »

Everything in the game was stolen, Until I came along.