New Plant Monsters for a Alchemy Quest ^^

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Plant Monsters for a Alchemy Quest ^^

Post by Crush »

The joke is that the names for the plants and herbs are plain english and as pragmatic as they can be (mauve herb for a herb which is mauve-colored), but they sound like made-up fantasy names when you are not familiar with more obscure color names.

Most games have blue, red or yellow herbs and are uncreative and just call them that. The gag is that we are doing exactly the same, although it doesn't seem so to the uneducated person.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Seradest
Novice
Novice

Re: New Plant Monsters for a Alchemy Quest ^^

Post by Seradest »

Crush wrote:The joke is that the names for the plants and herbs are plain english and as pragmatic as they can be (mauve herb for a herb which is mauve-colored), but they sound like made-up fantasy names when you are not familiar with more obscure color names.

Most games have blue, red or yellow herbs and are uncreative and just call them that. The gag is that we are doing exactly the same, although it doesn't seem so to the uneducated person.

But who is the Problem ?

The Gamers making everytime a simple language in his favorite game and use it in chats.

The Dev Problem is when anyone of the herbs make a problem how can he simple and fast say that to a another there can fix it ?

Right he use the gamer language.
But for all RP Gamer outthere is it for the Atmo of a Game when names and Monsters are have many different but logical names that punctuate that,that this world in that they play nothing else with our to have a few in common.

I mean make what you think but unless the RP Gamer all use his own Language (Gamer english)

by the way my vegetables are done XD