Open door

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Open door

Post by EJlol »

Do you also find it annoying when you try to walk through a wooden door? With these tiles you can see the difference between closed and open doors.

No more hitting that stupid door.
Attachments
door.png
door.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
Namikaze
Novice
Novice

Re: Open door

Post by Namikaze »

I hate hitting the damn door!it's pretty nice

Keep up the good work!
Portuguese player of TMW.

Namikaze a.k.a Flying_Thunder_Mule

I like to do something, but TMW is boring...

QOAL- Sensei
Saonsa- Friend a.k.a Lover
Dyna and Melkior- FRIENDS-
Dyna wrote: I'll kill you because of your siggy...
This is not fair
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

here is the pasted on the tileset version.
Attachments
Woodland_village.png
Woodland_village.png (141.79 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Aimo
Peon
Peon

Post by Aimo »

A door that opens before entering a house is quite a good idea, but unfortunately a front door opens normally into the house (at least in Germany).
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Aimo wrote:A door that opens before entering a house is quite a good idea, but unfortunately a front door opens normally into the house (at least in Germany).
This won't be animated like that. Just a static open door.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

I think Aimo meant that doors usually open into the house, instead of out from the house. Not that it will be animated. :)
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

Aimo wrote:A door that opens before entering a house is quite a good idea, but unfortunately a front door opens normally into the house (at least in Germany).
Good point. I'd expect all house doors to open inwards, because a door that opens outwards could be easily blocked (even unintentionally by leaving heavy stuff outside).
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
Aimo
Peon
Peon

Post by Aimo »

Saphy wrote:I think Aimo meant that doors usually open into the house, instead of out from the house. Not that it will be animated. :)
Yes, you are right. A door open outwards looks quite unreal...
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Thats a valid point, but I think if I drawed that door inwards, it would look like there was no door at all. Sometimes you just have to draw something that is very uncommon in RL, don't forget it's a game, it doesn't have to make sense.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

what about a half open doors? That way you could still see that there are actually doors.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

How bout leaving it like that since EJ put his hard work into it and things don't have to make sense in a game? :P

Besides maybe no outside doors open that way, but there are closets and bathrooms that open like that.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Saphy wrote:I think Aimo meant that doors usually open into the house, instead of out from the house. Not that it will be animated. :)
Around here: no, actually the opposite. If you think about it from the security point of view it makes sense: it's easier to kick in a door which already naturally opens inwards. (Around here we also have sturdy doors which weigh about the same as a lightweight person and our average locks are something which would be considered "high security" in most of the world. Here follows an example of the most common key/lock system around here: http://www.abloy.com.au/default.asp?id=35)
This message used to be meaningful.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I've never seen an American door open inwards other than interior doors and glass doors leading into businesses.
Current character is "Abolish".
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

I just checked to be sure, front doors definitely open inwards and it is much easyer to open a outwards going door with a crowbar than a inwards.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

My house door opens inward. So do the doors of most other private houses or apartments I can think of. (Although when I think about it: When my door would open outwards its moving area wouldn't intersect with that of my bathroom door - that would be much better...)

But it is a law here in Germany that doors of public buildings have to open outwards so that people can flee easier in case of a panic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.