Fur and Centaur sketch

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

pateame

Re: Fur Clothes and centaur sketch

Post by pateame »

Agree with body movement while attacking.
I add a little 'jumpy' with front legs to give more strong on attack, there´s the sketch of main idea:

I was trying to draw the speedlines, but still dont get a good result with colors at delirium tremens.
The weapon could be replaced to give more details, as wood texture or some kind of blade at top.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

omg lol, i love it, nice jumping attack.

In the walking left and walking right sequence, both should maintain the south-west light source. it seems as though you flipped the images, thereby creating a conflicting light source.

in this thread
Crush wrote: The system also allows to combine an NPC from several graphics. This would, for example, be useful for the soldiers. You could create separate spritesheets for the soldiers in their different uniforms with the same animation sequence and then separate spritesheets for the weapons they can carry. Then it is possible to define a soldier with uniform A and weapon B.
is this possible for monsters too?
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

hahaha centaur kill the people, you have talent in arts
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Really great attack animation. That's exactly how I imagined it.
adamaix wrote:is this possible for monsters too?
Not at the moment, but it wouldn't be a problem to add this.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
niels.ellegaard
Peon
Peon

Post by niels.ellegaard »

If a player is attacks the centaur, then I think that she has to stand at a short distance, so it will look like the centaur will be aiming his attack at a spot behind the player.

Perhaps the centaur could aim at the players chest or maybe it could take one step backwards before attacking.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Awesome rearing up.

I love the animation of him lifting the pole up over his shoulder, tossing it up into his hand. Its very very cool, but after the attack, returning to normal, the pole goes through his arm at the shoulder . Unless he is throwing it into the guy, letting go and pulling it out again under his arm. This wouldn't work if he missed.

You have a combination of two separate attacks: Either over the shoulder downward stab, pole is pulled back still above shoulder (Psycho-style stabbing action), or thrust from under the arm stab and pull back (like shooting pool).

I dunno, though, the animation might just be too damn cool to change ;)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Since 2004 this is the second attack animation I like and the first one I'm complementing. Great to see stuff like this from time to time.

(For the curious the first one I liked was the slime attack: I find it kind of cute.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about adding a spear throw animation?

It could be used for TMWServ as an alternative attack and on eAthena for a different kind of enemy which is a ranged attacker.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
pateame

Post by pateame »

I think a "combo" between a direct head attack and a chest attack could be good enough supposing that will be critical hits as jacko kisses.
[+] Previews:
There´s an animation with combo attack with all views at moment
......................Image
The hard part will be draw that on back view :shock: :(