[REQ] Grass in cave tile set

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [REQ] Grass in cave tile set

Post by Kage »

Crush wrote:Kage, we can not work properly when we keep secrets from contributors. You can not expect people to create what you need when you don't give them all the necessary information. This is both counter-productive from the practical as well as the psychological point of view.

Please don't be so afraid of spoiling new content. When people read the dev forums its their own fault.
I had told meway on IRC what the purpose is, but I guess Ill tell everyone then.

We are working on a new snake cave, their is 4 chambers in this cave, one for each snake, Cave Snake, Snake, and Mountain Snake are all fine. But we need a chamber for Grass snakes. The tilesets we have now don't work well with the cave sets. We are considering doing the grass snakes above ground also.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Kage wrote: We are working on a new snake cave, their is 4 chambers in this cave, one for each snake, Cave Snake, Snake, and Mountain Snake are all fine. But we need a chamber for Grass snakes. The tilesets we have now don't work well with the cave sets. We are considering doing the grass snakes above ground also.

I'm assuming that the four chambers somehow lead to the snake lord.

If may suggest a scenario workable with what we got. I propose three chambers with Cave Snake, Regular Snake, and Mountain Snake. The Mountain Snake chamber should logically be the one to host the exit and progress the adventure. You finally glimpse daylight once more and observe a moss strewn path scattered with various jungle paraphernalia. But alas! You realise the adventure has only yet begun as aggressive grass snakes come hurtling towards you from all directions. Carefully you follow the path ahead through thick brush whilst valiantly defeating a horde of grass snakes. Suddenly, within your view a most spectacular ancient temple arise and you are emersed in tomb raider/Indiana Jones type music. The statues guarding the entrance seems ominous, you are afraid, yet ... within yourself you find the courage to heed your adventurous spirit into the unknown.

Eventually you die whilst running cowardly from the snake lord :p
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

adamaix wrote:
Kage wrote: We are working on a new snake cave, their is 4 chambers in this cave, one for each snake, Cave Snake, Snake, and Mountain Snake are all fine. But we need a chamber for Grass snakes. The tilesets we have now don't work well with the cave sets. We are considering doing the grass snakes above ground also.

If may suggest a scenario workable with what we got. I propose three chambers with Cave Snake, Regular Snake, and Mountain Snake. The Mountain Snake chamber should logically be the one to host the exit and progress the adventure. You finally glimpse daylight once more and observe a moss strewn path scattered with various jungle paraphernalia. But alas! You realise the adventure has only yet begun as aggressive grass snakes come hurtling towards you from all directions. Carefully you follow the path ahead through thick brush whilst valiantly defeating a horde of grass snakes. Suddenly, within your view a most spectacular ancient temple arise and you are emersed in tomb raider/Indiana Jones type music. The statues guarding the entrance seems ominous, you are afraid, yet ... within yourself you find the courage to heed your adventurous spirit into the unknown.

Not exactly. The chambers are completely independent and have no logical ordering.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

here are two more sets
Attachments
map_set
map_set
example.PNG (54.82 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
water_set
water_set
water hole.PNG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
grass_set
grass_set
grass.PNG (24.66 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

jaxad0127 wrote:
adamaix wrote:

If may suggest a scenario workable with what we got. I propose three chambers with Cave Snake, Regular Snake, and Mountain Snake. The Mountain Snake chamber should logically be the one to host the exit and progress the adventure. You finally glimpse daylight once more and observe a moss strewn path scattered with various jungle paraphernalia. But alas! You realise the adventure has only yet begun as aggressive grass snakes come hurtling towards you from all directions. Carefully you follow the path ahead through thick brush whilst valiantly defeating a horde of grass snakes. Suddenly, within your view a most spectacular ancient temple arise and you are emersed in tomb raider/Indiana Jones type music. The statues guarding the entrance seems ominous, you are afraid, yet ... within yourself you find the courage to heed your adventurous spirit and venture forth into the unknown.

Not exactly. The chambers are completely independent and have no logical ordering.
Every RPG needs an ancient temple. I'm just manipulating the scenario to include an ancient temple, though, even if it does not happen, I hope you enjoyed an imaginative glance into what could be and perhaps stir up a little nostalgia. Hopefully i will have inspired someone and the throes of events fall into place.

Sorry about being off topic in this post, Meway, please do continue to bless us with your creative talents :)
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

adamaix, your vision must become real. No matter what the snake chambers turn out to be, I will always wish it were as you described it. Please developers make it that way! It is meant to be! (Sorry for also off topic)
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

John P wrote:adamaix, your vision must become real. No matter what the snake chambers turn out to be, I will always wish it were as you described it. Please developers make it that way! It is meant to be! (Sorry for also off topic)
I will say this, Yes this is related to the SnakeLord. And no, it won't be like this, I already have something far better planned. :twisted:
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

some stuff to mess around with if you feal like it
Attachments
added some corner peaces for the missing &gt; spots in the water surrounding
added some corner peaces for the missing > spots in the water surrounding
new_tile grass and corners.PNG (60.21 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

It doesnt fit TMW at all.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

i suppose your right :/ and i messed up on some measuring anyway we need some cave plants maybe mold/ fungous water(moist) area. but relly im thinking you should put this area above ground but a set just like the cave set up there maybe lens good work could be put to use and on top of that have it surrounded by water instead of darkness.b
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Still rather griddy.

Even though it might not fit us, eliminating the grid is still good excersize for a pixel artist in training.

We can split it into a separate thread, if you want to. We can have a tutoring thread for you if so desired.
This message used to be meaningful.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I have no problem with that :) seams im just learning to get rid of the grid and stuff i have the other pixle art down also i need to work on particle effects and such.

sorry to get off topic kage. He still needs grass and stuff for anyone who wants to give it a try im still working on another peace and am still intrested in what is to come of this specific project for TMW.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

meway wrote:sorry to get off topic kage. He still needs grass and stuff for anyone who wants to give it a try im still working on another peace and am still intrested in what is to come of this specific project for TMW.
Don't worry about it. I talked to Jax, and we both thing the tileset is not easy to match up with, so we are making the grass snake chamber outside, with the woodland cliff set
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

actually im looking to rid the grass that we have atm its to evenly green everywhere. I admit it makes it less dull but I hide in the cave to make it less bright :P