Graveyard wall

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

The Scarlet Rhus
Novice
Novice

Re: Graveyard wall

Post by The Scarlet Rhus »

Yes. The light is shining on the top and right sides, which I suppose is right, but there is no bottom or left side. There's no space for them. When you look into an open grave, you should be able to see down there. It's shouldn't be pitch black. Make the lighted area smaller, make the black area dark brown and give a clear indication of the left and bottom sides... actually the bottom side shouldn't be there now I think of it, but the left side definitely should.

~yes... and Crush's looks like a shallow, curved bowl...
The Scarlet Rhus
/quit tmw
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

Center the bottom to get the perspective fixed. Also don't make it black. I guess a dark textured brown should work fine. Keep on rockin!

*edit*

I was bored so I dit it myself:

empty grave:

with skeleton:

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Can you change the colors so that they match those of the sand pile and the sand around it?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:Can you change the colors so that they match those of the sand pile and the sand around it?
i would do it the other way around...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

crush the shading is wrong looks more like an abstract image also wouldn't it be easier to recolor the dirt around it vrs changing it inside the whole...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yosuhara wrote:
Crush wrote:Can you change the colors so that they match those of the sand pile and the sand around it?
The sand pile and the sand lumbs are matched to the dirt roads and the dirt roads are matched to the woodland cliffs. It is much less intrusive to do it the other way around. Trust me.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

Crush wrote:
yosuhara wrote:
The sand pile and the sand lumbs are matched to the dirt roads and the dirt roads are matched to the woodland cliffs. It is much less intrusive to do it the other way around. Trust me.
I edited the graphics before I read your last post Crush but I also prefer to do it the other way round cause it's hard to make it look deep with such bright colors. I think it still matches the dirt road and it don't have to match exactly the woodland cliffs cause they're made out of rock and not of dirt. What you think?

Last edited by Spit23 on 25 Aug 2009, 13:22, edited 2 times in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Having it be a darker color works, as it's more freshly dug up, vs the road and cliffs which have been exposed for a while.