Graveyard Tombstones

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Re: Graveyard Tombstones

Post by Pandemonium »

octalot wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:First off i want to note that the File I used to draw my headstone on, was called 'Curltree' It had the characters and the background I was looking for for a size reference. I want to give props to the Original Artist who made the file... But I dunno who made it Just found it through some random link swimming...
It's by Modanung.

Thank you for noting that and a BIG thank you to Modanung.
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

headstones3REV4.png
headstones3REV4.png (44.18 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Redone the large headstones completely (dropped a few shapes) and added 2 flat headstones.

I like the wood one I made before, may not be used in the grave yard but possible uses else wear for quests, back story... plot holes... or whatever. So I would like to continue its development... and a few others like it perhaps...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry, Pandemonium, but I won't take those stones into the tileset like this. They just look too different from the others. Please try to match the color palette and the technique engravings are done with.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Not sure if you can put this to use or not, but here's a faceforward companion to Yoshuhara's tombstone (color adjusted to your pallet). If there's any specific alternate shapes you'd like, please let me know. :wink:
Attachments
companion-yosuhara-grave.png
companion-yosuhara-grave.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Fother,

Regarding the alternate shapes, Crush did bring forward a good observation earlier in the thread.

Crush wrote:I mean is something else, meway. Take a look at these stones from the woodland tileset. I marked the lines where they touch the ground in the lower picture. Note that they are not horizontal.
By not orienting everything to the grid you give your tiles a much more natural impression.
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

Crush wrote:Sorry, Pandemonium, but I won't take those stones into the tileset like this. They just look too different from the others. Please try to match the color palette and the technique engravings are done with.

I was not expecting you to add them... I posted them to get more feedback... color and engraving rework is on my list...
I did not conform to the stones posted earlier... That must be my biggest mistake...
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

:arrow: Adamaix... that has nothing to do with what I posted (the bottom of mine isn't a hard flat line like some of the stone slabs). :o Silly

My post was intended as a "do with what you wilt" contrib to Crush, with an offer to do some other tombstones if he wanted to cherry-pick through them since these are easy to make... but only if he'd thinks there's still need. If he does want to use them, I trust him to modify as he sees fit (they might need more mildew).
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, keep the stones comming. The more variety the better.

But please no head-on perspective when possible. What I would like is a version of the stone by Yosuhara in the same crooked angle but from the other side. We could also use stones drawn from the side or from the back instead of head-on.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Hope this helps...
fothuhara-graves.png
fothuhara-graves.png (23.89 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Fother, some of the colors of your stones turned out as very weird shades of purple and teal. That looks very strange. Do you think that you can correct this?
  • NOT a game master

Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

graves-crushcolor.png
graves-crushcolor.png (7.24 KiB) Viewed 2266 times
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Fother, somehow I'm always impressed by your work :wink:
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

adamaix wrote:Fother, somehow I'm always impressed by your work :wink:
Thank you, but I often seem to over/underkill something... reference my first attempt at an above ground grave from a few months back... http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 287#p47287 :( . I just want a graveyard & swamp to play in...

Crush, other than tombstones viewed from the back end, are there any other headstone shapes you'd like (if you can give some examples)?
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Here is a maptest with the stones by Fother next to those by Josuhara and me. The color matching is still not perfect but I want to get over with this quickly.
Attachments
graveyard-maptest.png
graveyard-maptest.png (226.49 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
  • NOT a game master

sj16936724
Peon
Peon

Post by sj16936724 »

Perhaps some generic dirt plots (in several directions) or items like small candles or old vases could spice up the graveyard a bit allowing for it to be much larger without looking too repetitive.