[WIP] Luminescent Mushroom

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

[WIP] Luminescent Mushroom

Post by Enchilado! »

An edited version of the Evil Mushroom; yellow, semi-transparent and gloomy.
This took my about two hours of work. I've pasted it over a screenshot of a cave and it looks slightly pixelly around the edges, but it's as good as I can make it (I'm not much of a pixeller...).
If anyone wants to smooth off the edges, please go ahead as I would love to see this monster in the game.
Here it is:
monster-mushroom-luminescent.png
monster-mushroom-luminescent.png (217.17 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
~do what you want with it,
Enchilado
Attachments
monster-mushroom-luminescent.png
monster-mushroom-luminescent.png (217.17 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Re: [WIP] Luminescent Mushroom

Post by kasra5004 »

Well, in my opinion, we already have a lot of mushrooms.- three types or more- I`m sure u have the ability to make some newer monsters- of course animals are better!- for example eagles or even rhinos !
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

We have two types of mushrooms only - Spiky and Evil. I think three is a nicer number.

~and I can't pixel very well, and a rhino would... would...
Enchilado
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Enchilado! wrote:An edited version of the Evil Mushroom; yellow, semi-transparent and gloomy.
This took my about two hours of work.
Two hours? I could have done this in two minutes by using a few filter operations on the original spritesheet. Convert to greyscale, colorize, playing around a bit with saturation, brightness and contrast and finally turn the layer slightly transparent.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

This still needs work

I kinda like the idea, we can replace spikies in cave with glow shrooms
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

No.
This message used to be meaningful.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

No? That's fine. I would make a new monster, but, as said, I can't pixel. And, looking back at this monster, I don't like it anyway. And I swear I never even noticed there was a change opacity bar. I tried to find it, but couldn't. It wasn't 'til I finished that I did, and then I thought - well, anyway. But also the face is different to the evil mushroom. It's sorta gloomy, rather than - wait a minute! Sorta isn't a word! Why doesn't it have a jaggedy red line under it? ...
Anyway, I've decided I'd rather work on writing instead... that is, NPCs talking. If you need a new NPC (not graphics, but what he says) please let me know. My current project is a new quest, but I haven't done much work on it... it requires a new tileset and a few new NPC graphics, but I'm sure I can make them if I really try. NPCs should be simple enough... just put some clothes over the basic standing player sprite. The tileset might prove difficult, but I'll have a go.

~forgot the Luminescent Mushroom... it's too like Aethyra (I mean, have you even seen how many types of mushroom they have !?)
Enchilado
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

Enchilado! wrote:No? That's fine. I would make a new monster, but, as said, I can't pixel.
Then learn. Drawing is a very rewarding hobby (and/or professional job).

Talent-as-a-requirement is a myth, anyone intelligent can become a master artist.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Jetryl wrote: Talent-as-a-requirement is a myth, anyone intelligent can become a master artist.
Amen