New Tiles, Retro

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Golgo, can you show them?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

Rotonen wrote:The shading is not perfect, it looks a bit flat.
most of the new stuff i see looks rather comic-ish, so i'm perfectly fine with a slightly "flat" look.
i still have no idea where one could use those circles though. maybe the lower half could be (ab-)used as the bottom off a banner ganging off some wall or whatever?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

They need a bit of shading and a tad bit more texture but they are looking great. Also if you use someone else's tile's and edit them dont be afraid to say so..and if you did at least credit them somewhat.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

It apears to be a edite of my tiles for sure.

(You have to copy and paste the url to a different window to go direclty to the image).
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Somewhat. The mountain part of the tile is exactly the same, untouched. i added a rim to the mountains to make it look better where it touched my tile underneath it. So... i did edit yours but i also didn't. *shrugs* You seem to be attacking me for this. You don't want to be attacking me for this.

With the c&c, could you be more specific? You want more shading on every tile or do you have just one in mind?

P.S. right now i'm making totem poles. Trying to make them very easy to reproduce because i think it will be nice for everybody to be able to leave some kind of signifying mark in the game, artist or not. =D
Also, if anybody wants to throw out some ideas for snow objects, feel free. It seems there aren't very many, though i guess that's how it is in real life too. So you guys might be seeing my imagination again in some new objects. Oh no!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I can think of ice cristals, stalagmites, frozen plants and trees, rocks, rocks covered by snow, frozen river with a bridge, signs and whatever else :D
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Ultim wrote:Somewhat. The mountain part of the tile is exactly the same, untouched. i added a rim to the mountains to make it look better where it touched my tile underneath it. So... i did edit yours but i also didn't. *shrugs* You seem to be attacking me for this. You don't want to be attacking me for this.

With the c&c, could you be more specific? You want more shading on every tile or do you have just one in mind?

P.S. right now i'm making totem poles. Trying to make them very easy to reproduce because i think it will be nice for everybody to be able to leave some kind of signifying mark in the game, artist or not. =D
Also, if anybody wants to throw out some ideas for snow objects, feel free. It seems there aren't very many, though i guess that's how it is in real life too. So you guys might be seeing my imagination again in some new objects. Oh no!
Im not attack you, i just get mad when you dont mention that you used my tiles to do what you ded, and the rocks and the snow<-- same way i blended some tiles in the same sprite sheet.

You can do that by all means just next time atleast say who ded the original sprites.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Okay then. i'm sorry i trespassed against you. i'll put a disclaimer in the file next time i upload it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Elven Programmer wrote:I can think of ice cristals, stalagmites, frozen plants and trees, rocks, rocks covered by snow, frozen river with a bridge, signs and whatever else :D
Don't forget the snowpenis! :D
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

that was unapropriate -_-
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Modanung wrote: Don't forget the snowpenis! :D
Already made five of 'em. Three equipped with kung-fu action! =-O

Oh yeah by the way, new stuff is up.

( Image )
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Hmm the totems are a bit weird, at least I think they need a bit of shading...
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Well, see, that's the problem i ran into. They even have too much shading right now, considering the point is to make it very easy to reproduce so everyone can make one. That's what the blank one's for in the tileset. Not quite sure what to do. i'll leave it for a while and if no ones makes more blocks for the totem pole, i'll go in and make it prettier.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Cotton puff trees! Really didn't feel like making this one detailed. Did it anyway. Think this is better or a popsicle-looking one with smooth sides?
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Made a monster. And nobody gave me any c&c on my tree, so i guess it was the perfect creation.

In case you don't like going all the way back to the first page-
http://www16.brinkster.com/theepoch/raff.html