[DIS] pixelart priorities

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

[DIS] pixelart priorities

Post by AxlTrozz »

Should all the developers try to make the contributors to focus in the CR1 instead of accept and promote things like armors and hats due to the changes on the charset?
If CR1 is maybe the first organized effort for TMW to get high quality content, we should promote all get involved.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: [DIS] pixelart priorities

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

AxlTrozz wrote:Should all the developers try to make the contributors to focus in the CR1 instead of accept and promote things like armors and hats due to the changes on the charset?
If CR1 is maybe the first organized effort for TMW to get high quality content, we should promote all get involved.
That should be the right path to follow. We tried many times to force contributors to focus on necessary task, without limiting the possibility for random contributions. And top priority still remains the player charset, I mean that's your player, and that's what every piece of equipment is based on, sounds quite important isn't it? I fear the day we will have a sword attack animation and not even a cotton shirt to be equipped properly.
So I say, let's make talented contributors work in the way WE want.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

I you meant me accepting the forest armor icon, then just tell me.

Now, because we're starting a new world with new pieces of equipment (or progressively adapted ones). I don't see the point in accepting new equipment for eAthena with the current state of playerset which will remain as it is, if I understood correctly.

On the other side, pushing art makers to focus on TMWserv content is a good thing, but I think we shouldn't refrain people who provided finished content solely for eAthena from seeing these pushed for eAthena.

What do you think?

Regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I don't mind people adding fluff or even content to eA as long as we have our main focus on CR1.

Community service can also promote contribution. And if new people are able to produce something to go into eA, they can be also expected to be useful here.

Kind of like a gate theory.
This message used to be meaningful.