bandit (maybe)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

bandit (maybe)

Post by skipy »

hmmmmmm maybe
Attachments
thugg_male_.png
thugg_male_.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 4107 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: bandit (maybe)

Post by Rotonen »

A rathergood.com character?
This message used to be meaningful.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Here is a concept for the bandit. Using an evil eye sprite, hood connected with mantle and camouflage. The hood is using a black outline, which I know is normally a big no-no, but the original artist designed the armor as such and would need to be reworked completely to fix.
Attachments
thuggmaleconcept.png
thuggmaleconcept.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
Current character is "Abolish".
SpamMaster
Novice
Novice

Post by SpamMaster »

Still don't get why his face is green, but overall I like it. The main thing I don't like is the green [Assassin Pants] recolour. Could you make him a new pair that match the style of the shirt and hat?

Spammy
Have a spamful evening, sir.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

SpamMaster wrote:Still don't get why his face is green, but overall I like it. The main thing I don't like is the green [Assassin Pants] recolour. Could you make him a new pair that match the style of the shirt and hat?

Spammy
I'd prefer if you didn't comment on my work. This is a [REQ] from Ceros and I am willing to work with whomever would add this "monster" to TMW db. I am henceforth ignoring everyone else to get Chocolate Cupcake done.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think the green face creates an interesting effect. Also who says that the bandits are human?

Wombat: When you are one of those artists who don't want feedback from people who don't know what they are talking about you can request access to the content dev private forum from Rotonen.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:Here is a concept for the bandit. Using an evil eye sprite, hood connected with mantle and camouflage. The hood is using a black outline, which I know is normally a big no-no, but the original artist designed the armor as such and would need to be reworked completely to fix.
so are you making them then??

Rotonen wrote:A rathergood.com character?
????????i dont know what you mean..
Crush wrote:I think the green face creates an interesting effect. Also who says that the bandits are human?

Wombat: When you are one of those artists who don't want feedback from people who don't know what they are talking about you can request access to the content dev private forum from Rotonen.

so racoon look is no good?????
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Goten
Peon
Peon

Post by Goten »

Crush wrote:I think the green face creates an interesting effect. Also who says that the bandits are human?

SpamMaster? :lol:
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

skipy wrote:
Rotonen wrote:A rathergood.com character?
????????i dont know what you mean..
http://www.rathergood.com/ :lol:
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

skipy wrote:
Wombat wrote:Here is a concept for the bandit. Using an evil eye sprite, hood connected with mantle and camouflage. The hood is using a black outline, which I know is normally a big no-no, but the original artist designed the armor as such and would need to be reworked completely to fix.
I thought I was working on the minion bandit while you were working on the boss bandit. I dunno, either way you do a great job and I wouldn't mind seeing us work together on it. I couldn't match your skill on the raccoon man.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:
skipy wrote:
I thought I was working on the minion bandit while you were working on the boss bandit. I dunno, either way you do a great job and I wouldn't mind seeing us work together on it. I couldn't match your skill on the raccoon man.
ok ill stop on the minion bandit and focus on the boss ..yours looks good can can be done alot faster then the raccoon man and the raccoon man looks silly to me and would need some massive reworking (imo)...my thot was to shy away for them looking like the player sprite but still use the player set to get on the movement(not that ez to do :roll: ..

you have a grate start on it Wombat ..and the evil-eye set seems to work good for it(keep it up :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
im starting the boss now... :mrgreen:

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

skipy wrote: so are you making them then??

ok ill stop on the minion bandit and focus on the boss ..yours looks good can can be done alot faster then the raccoon man and the raccoon man looks silly to me and would need some massive reworking (imo)...my thot was to shy away for them looking like the player sprite but still use the player set to get on the movement(not that ez to do :roll: ..

you have a grate start on it Wombat ..and the evil-eye set seems to work good for it(keep it up :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
im starting the boss now... :mrgreen:
Skipy - I think the raccoon face is very well done, but not what I am looking for with the bandits (as you said, it looks a little silly). I do like the word play, though :) I showed Wombat your work on the bandits and asked him what he though - he wanted to take a shot at it, so I did not see a problem with that.
SpamMaster wrote:Still don't get why his face is green, but overall I like it.

Spammy
The goal is to look like a face that has had camo paint applied to it, to aid in ambushing. The way these bandits are going to be implemented is rather.. unique to the way mobs are currently employed in the game and it fits. Also, I have heard that you have grave reservations about using mobs that look like characters, so I believe the cammie paint helps them out a bit. The quest for this is already scripted out (with a lot of help from Freeyorp) and I can't see what these bandits would be besides human. (or whatever race the player character is..). But it doesn't say outright, so I guess it is open to interpretation.

If anyone wants a copy of the quest, PM me here or summon me on #twm-content and I'll be glat to link you.

Thanks everyone for the great work, if you need help scripting somethign let me know!
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

nothing wrong with an anthropomorphic char, after all FF6, and F5 had lone wolf

Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

http://www.youthofbritain.com/guvnor/

The raccoon just heavily reminds me of the animutation work and style of Joel Veitch of rathergood.com. Almost like some animutated downscaled photo.

You traced the face through a photo and my senses are hyperactive, I suppose.
This message used to be meaningful.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:http://www.youthofbritain.com/guvnor/

The raccoon just heavily reminds me of the animutation work and style of Joel Veitch of rathergood.com. Almost like some animutated downscaled photo.

You traced the face through a photo and my senses are hyperactive, I suppose.
I have not seen rathergood in a long long time..thanks for reminding me of it :twisted: :twisted:
""You traced the face through a photo and my senses are hyperactive, I suppose""------- :shock: indeed they are!! :mrgreen:

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido