woodland tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

after long thinking i must admit that i am defeated. so i finally reduced the brightnes of the low gras :wink:
here is the new version:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/images/c/c ... ileset.png
i hope you like it better that way.

as a side effect the grass tile which i used for the upper level of my map became extremely tiled after the color modification. i swapped it with another grass tile as a little hotfix for now. i'll try to do some gridbreaking on it later.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

i acttually dont like it being so GREEN lol i know its a woodland forest kinda thing but the grass is so green and stuff its kinda annoying i dunno im just complaining!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i'm going to reorganize the tileset because of the new posibility of oversized map tiles on the fringe layer (the oversized tiles have to be in different tilesets). as a result i get much more room on the main tileset. i planned to use this for additional ground textures. dirt for example.
any other terrain types you would like to see?

maybe unpenetrateable thorn bushes?
or swamps?
deep water?

maybe an intermission from dirt to sand for an intermission to the desert maps (the savannah tileset doesn't seem to do so well)?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Good idea. What I'd like to see most more complex dirt shapes. The path for example is only straight. Using this new texture to replace it and to add a lot of variation would be cool. If you take a look at the screenshot from Sword of Mana I posted in the woodland village section you should get what I mean.

About the dirt texture, it looks nice at a first saw. I'm not sure yet about the color, I think some more contrast could improve it (or maybe destroy it). I'd use a pale brighter brown for the flat surfaces.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

I think swamp water would be really nice. Did anyone suggest cat tails and lilly pads? If not, you can save it for another set I guess. ^^