House Tiles - Tulimshar

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Hey, it's pretty nice.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

yes, very nice :D
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Little update
Added a pot, a crate, a new window, some holes in the roof, two trapdoors and made the spot in front of the door slightly lower.
Here is the current tilesheet:

Note the subtle gradient is, just like the texture, not present in this version. It also will be back.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Just a little suggestion:
What about not making the surrounding of the walls of house as desert? Then you could palce smaller house on roof of bigger house and it would look like 2 floors house. There could be also tile with those roof doors opened. And it could work like you enter the doors of house and you apear on the roof (like you walked through the house).
I like the houses very much :D
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i like the holes in the roofs of the buildings.

the pot looks quite dithered. why don't you use more colors and less dithering like i did with the pots on my tileset?
i hope the sand in the background of the tileset is an additional layer for demonstrational purpose and all the objects will have a transparent background in the final version. otherwise it will be quite difficult to create good maps with the tileset.

the crates and pots should be on separeted tiles, so they can be placed anywhere on the map and not only at walls.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:the pot looks quite dithered. why don't you use more colors and less dithering like i did with the pots on my tileset?
I went for a rough ceramic look. I think otherwise they look too plastic-like, but maybe the dithering is a bit overdone and should I add another colour or two.
Crush wrote:i hope the sand in the background of the tileset is an additional layer for demonstrational purpose and all the objects will have a transparent background in the final version. otherwise it will be quite difficult to create good maps with the tileset.
Sure, you know me. :)
I like to work in such a way that shows the end result best, so I use sand as background in this case.
Crush wrote:the crates and pots should be on separeted tiles, so they can be placed anywhere on the map and not only at walls.
I think I'll create seperate versions for that. Versions that have their base more in the centre of the tile and maybe with a different shadow.
Alderan wrote:What about not making the surrounding of the walls of house as desert? Then you could palce smaller house on roof of bigger house and it would look like 2 floors house. There could be also tile with those roof doors opened. And it could work like you enter the doors of house and you apear on the roof (like you walked through the house).
Well the desert sand is in a seperate layer and won't be built into the final version. But that won't give the possibility to stack the houses as the walls aren't straight. I'm planning on making seperate second-floor tiles.
The trapdoors may be used as doors once we have multiple walkable map layers which would allow you to walk both on the roof and behind the wall.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Modanung wrote:
Alderan wrote:What about not making the surrounding of the walls of house as desert? Then you could palce smaller house on roof of bigger house and it would look like 2 floors house. There could be also tile with those roof doors opened. And it could work like you enter the doors of house and you apear on the roof (like you walked through the house).
Well the desert sand is in a seperate layer and won't be built into the final version. But that won't give the possibility to stack the houses as the walls aren't straight. I'm planning on making seperate second-floor tiles.
The trapdoors may be used as doors once we have multiple walkable map layers which would allow you to walk both on the roof and behind the wall.
Great that it won't be fixed on sand :D Yes walking on the roof woudn't be completly "clean" because of walking behind the wall and on the roof at once. But there could be some kind of fence behind the house so there would be no possibility to come from behind. The second floor could look like a pyramid in mexico - with piece of roof all around the secon floor. It is not the most nice solution but it would be possible :D
Again - Your work is very nice. I like it.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

What alderan just described regarding standing both on top and behind the roof is also known as the "bridge dilemma" and it will be solved in the future.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Rotonen wrote:What alderan just described regarding standing both on top and behind the roof is also known as the "bridge dilemma" and it will be solved in the future.
Yep, see this wiki page: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Action_layers
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Little update here:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Are you going to use those trapdoors? And how?
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Pajarico wrote:Are you going to use those trapdoors? And how?
hmm... by walking on them?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

You know what I mean :?
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

no, seriously, i don't.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:no, seriously, i don't.
Neither do I