House Tiles - Tulimshar

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Realism is directly proportional to overcontrol and indirectly proportional to fun.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Wood sticking out of your house that is revealed because a piece of your house fell off isn't a sign of wealth.

But thanks for the history lesson anyway. It was nice to read. :)
And I suppose the rich houses will have more cloth, tiles and other decoration.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Adarias
Peon
Peon

Post by Adarias »

Ultim wrote:Realism is directly proportional to overcontrol and indirectly proportional to fun.
I see design as a way of bending reality to create something purely fantastic, and immersing the player in a fully accurate and believable dream. Also, it should be known that when i say something i am not per se arguing for obeying it as a rule, more for just a tastey tidbit that may help to create and understand a world which exists only in half-finished tilesets and the collective mind of a few dozen developers, because at the end of the day, does any body *really* give a damn about the socio-economic role of psuedoextended rafters in semi-ancient mideast architecture? Hopefully not.
Modanung wrote:Wood sticking out of your house that is revealed because a piece of your house fell off isn't a sign of wealth.
lol, good point there ^^
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Hi, I'm thinking about a set of patterns that are compatible between them, so with a fixed number you could a vast amount of combinations. This idea struck on my mind when I found this pic:

Pay attention at the pattern over the wall at the left, that's what I want to achieve. So I've done a sketch (serve as a example) of how to make tiles that fit one with each other:

I suggest Modanung to make tiles like those and add them to the mud house tiles you were working on so they can be used over the walls and make patterns that distinguise one house from another, maybe as a way to name zones, streets or the family/calns that lives in it.

Well, what do you think?
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

Ultim wrote:Realism is directly proportional to overcontrol and indirectly proportional to fun.
lol, this is definitely sig-worthy. :D
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

Adarias !

loved your post about mediterranean concept between wealth and the value of materials!! aah almost so i long back to history class *sighs*

ooh well yes i am NOT dead yet *whistles as he scratches his head* well i am done with school ...

*coughs* well *coughs* ...
now i am going to start a driver license intesive course ... which will cost me about 1300 US dollars ... (as good as gaurranted the license after 2 weeks)

*mutters to himself i gotta be insane*

so ... well ... when i am done with that (hahaha) i will get more time... REALLY i meen it !

well hope you have missed me atleast for a bit >_> since i have missed all the 5 hours straight dotting in my pixel prog and sweet talking Elven and the rest of the mob ^_^

well i'll try to be a bit creative from now on as well upp some stuff and draw some concepts for your liking etc etc you know how we "great artists " are like :)
Let em tell da' king
Da the east belongs to Morglum
Da east belongs to da orcs
Da east is green
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Thought I'd post a small improvement on the mudhouse.
Old:
New:
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Verious
Peon
Peon

Post by Verious »

I see you adjusted the position of the door, which is an improvement, but it still seems to high off the ground in relation to the size of the player sprite. It looks like he would have to jump up to walk in.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

I made some improvements

Last edited by Tenche on 13 Mar 2006, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Tenche wrote:I made some improvements

Improvements? :roll:
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Mhhh...?

Ants?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Verious wrote:I see you adjusted the position of the door, which is an improvement, but it still seems to high off the ground in relation to the size of the player sprite. It looks like he would have to jump up to walk in.
I don't think it's too high. It's not even a foot. And remember doorsteps held creatures like (small :wink:) scorpions, snakes and rats outside in desertregions. And dust.

By the way, I didn't adjust the position of the door, I removed what was planned as a transision between wall and floor.

Thenche... I hope you won't mind I disagree with the fact they're improvements. Second I see your changes as something for variation tiles. Which I will work on once all basic tiles are ready.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

yeah i just ment the improvements to the tile set once u get it done if you have a bunch of these homes you gota have some different :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Yes, I agree. I hate repetitivity too. :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Little update on the Tulimshar mud houses.
This images shows both the current state of the tileset and what you can do with it.
Note the wall doesn't have the texture it had in the last version I showed. Don't worry, it'll be back.