[WIP] Heart-Shaped Glasses for Valentine?

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Heart-Shaped Glasses for Valentine?

Post by mistergrey »

I had 2 very basic ideas for a Valentine's quest, which I will write for your consideration.

1 - Cupid tells you that it's Valentine, but there are three ladies all alone on the special occasion. For this quest, you would have to go buy Roses from Blossom, and go hunting the eligible bachelorettes of TMW NPCs :D. My nominations for this are Wyara, Elanore, and Wendy (marriage NPC). Upon brightening their day, see Cupid for a heart-shaped reward!

2 - A quest to get each other matching anniversary rings. Done with two people obviously, this one involves each player doing something 'Valentine'-y to earn an anniversary ring. The quest is finished by both players seeing Cupid with the rings equipped. Feel free to elaborate if this sounds at all good :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I like the first one. :) its nice.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

I also thought maybe female players could do the same for lonely male NPCs, like maybe Angus, Jack, and another, but since this seems like extra work for nothing, I dunno... to me, just making someone happy on Valentine's is enough to some extent :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P

<o11c> chatroulette

Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

mistergrey wrote:
1 - Cupid tells you that it's Valentine, but there are three ladies all alone on the special occasion. For this quest, you would have to go buy Roses from Blossom, and go hunting the eligible bachelorettes of TMW NPCs :D. My nominations for this are Wyara, Elanore, and Wendy (marriage NPC). Upon brightening their day, see Cupid for a heart-shaped reward!
I think this is the best too... but i think again, like the xmas09 event, there should be a minimun lvl for doing this, and that would be the same for the marriage...lvl 32 if i'm not mistaken...
Its not complicated...to make it a little harder, what about some "petals" and potions - concentration (you need it when you deal with the oposite gender XD) - to make a love potion/perfume....you dont need to do the item though, just...hmm...not to be THAT simple....in other words...what about maybe 15petals + 5 concentration potions to give to the cupid too (for him to make some love potion to dip his arrows in?)...

EDIT: What about to give a flower to every single female npc?
:mrgreen:

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

as requested here is link to modified sprites-548aa36.zip
Make sure to save original before replacing with this file
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-7a64c117.html 1.7 MB
replaces noh mask with heart glasses
This islocated inside your " .tmw folder " .tmw/updates/updatesthemanaworld.org/sprites-548aa36.zip enjoy! =]
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

OMG. Why don't you make a new zip file with those 2 files and place it in ./tmw/customdata? You don't need to mess around with old update packages. Remember that folder structure in new zip file must be the same as game resources folder structure.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

LOL!
That's done that way because when I asked on #tmw-content, if I should test Christmas snow goggles in existing update zip or custom data,
I was told to just match it to existing hat& xml files in update folder for now.
I don't know if there is/was a customdata issue, but OMG that is why =]
potaton
Peon
Peon

Post by potaton »

You should tint the glass's lens. It would be more realistic. :)
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

To be honest, I think this server missed out big-time by not including these glasses. They look great on TAW, which is sadly the only place I can wear them. Anyways, here's a screenie for your pleasure, and enjoy the assassin gear as well :P.
Attachments
MrGrey.jpg
MrGrey.jpg (183.53 KiB) Viewed 2382 times

<o11c> chatroulette