New figurine new quest

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New figurine new quest

Post by Alige »

Lutzifer please answer my question :

do i need to make a new topic named " WIP + a thing " ?
for example do i need to make a new topic for my easter choco eggs and choco bunnys named " WIP easter 2010 " ?
and another one for example " WIP figurines " ?
and when im finished to progress with them do i need to change the name of the topic into " FND easter 2010 " ? or do i make a new topic named " FND easter 2010 " ?

Then i don't understand the thing with Mantis... Is it someone ? something? a forum? a topic ? Somewhere where there are topics ?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

here are three more
I organise a debate : what are the best 6 eggs ?
Attachments
chocopinkegg.png
chocopinkegg.png (682 Bytes) Viewed 2932 times
chocopink2egg.png
chocopink2egg.png (731 Bytes) Viewed 2932 times
chocodarkblueegg.png
chocodarkblueegg.png (692 Bytes) Viewed 2932 times
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Nice work =]

I like the contrast of the egg with green band best, with a dark object at small scales probably a lighter color on edges of decorations that meet with darker chocolate parts. MO
but they all need a little more top left highlights still.
as for how many? really depends on easter event scripting...enchilado has some ideas.
Really a good idea to ask on IRC #tmw-content and see what, if anything is planned atm and contribute ideas =]
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I don't understand your last sentence...
I know that IRC is something like MSN but what about it ? Im not a native speaker in english so i don't really understand when you speak with english programs or anything like that
to summarize what about IRC ? how do i use it ? etc..
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Many browsers support IRC Chat
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+IRC Chat
these links may just open for you, in your browser, if they do not, you will need an IRC client to access IRC
irc://irc.themanaworld.org/themanaworld
irc://irc.themanaworld.org/tmw-content

*It is worthwhile to figure this out, almost all open source projects use IRC.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

A little less pillow shading on the bunny with the side view. This tutorial is a bit nerdy to suggest but its rather use-full.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5032024

(this may be my last post) :|
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

you mean that you use IRC to discuss about the projects ?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Lots of people use them to discuss projects. Try #tmw-content and #tmw-art for projects.
Current character is "Abolish".
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

wombat where do i type that commands?

secondly how are my choco bunnies now ?
bunnyeaster2.png
bunnyeaster2.png (1.54 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
bunnyeaster.png
bunnyeaster.png (1.36 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
I would like you all to say if they are ok and ready to be instored in game.
Do they need other changments?

i will post my 9 choco easter eggs when ill be done with these two choco figurines...
Then after that i will start the wooden figurines .
But first the bunnies !
Last edited by Alige on 13 Jan 2010, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Also If anyone could answer clearly to any question and wright the number of the question they are answering that would be nice :

1 : I need to know how to put the IRC thing with pidgin (i want the steps each one)
2 : I want a clear description of how to use the IRC thing and what is for (as if you were talking to a little bady for him to understand because i don't understand very well the key terms and maybe define them)
3 : What are the things like "#tmw..." ? What are the for ? Where do i wright them?
4 : Are the choco bunnies ok? any change of colour? suggestions (not making new bunnies just modyfying them)

If one of these question is not answered clearly, i will not continue with other things... I just want some help to understand things it is not mean but its vital for me to continue...
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

Ali-G wrote:Lutzifer please answer my question :

do i need to make a new topic named " WIP + a thing " ?
for example do i need to make a new topic for my easter choco eggs and choco bunnys named " WIP easter 2010 " ?
and another one for example " WIP figurines " ?
and when im finished to progress with them do i need to change the name of the topic into " FND easter 2010 " ? or do i make a new topic named " FND easter 2010 " ?

Then i don't understand the thing with Mantis... Is it someone ? something? a forum? a topic ? Somewhere where there are topics ?
Just edit your first post and add in the topic the [WIP] tag. If you make other stuff not associated with these then yes I would start a new topic and post. But it's fine to keep them together for instance all the chocolate items then maybe post the wooden items in another topic just so you don't get overwhelmed and not know who is talking about what. :)

After you are happy with your work change (edit the topic) the topic to [FND] so the Dev's know you are done working on them and and they are finished as far as you are concerned. Keep in mind too, as Axltroz said and I quote:
Not every advice is mandatory, if you want to fine tune go ahead, but don't fall in the never ending loop of following every request, I'm not saying don't do it, just have your own criteria and follow your own instinct.
Although if no one has objections it is a pretty good bet you are finished :)

As far as using mantis I would suggest looking at the docs on mantis' site if you don't understand it don't worry about it it is only an additional means of letting the Devs know about your work. The forum is usually enough.

http://www.mantisbt.org/documentation.php

Keep in mind that not all work gets added as it goes through quality and guidelines checks as well as if it can be used for something or not. It is a process that does take some time so don't get discouraged if your work doesn't get added right away.

Oh btw I made this wooden warrior figurine a while back feel free to use it or modify it if you want.
Attachments
generic-warriorfig2.png
generic-warriorfig2.png (673 Bytes) Viewed 2888 times
Last edited by Balthazaar on 14 Jan 2010, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

-About IRC:
I use this:
http://www.mibbit.com/chat/
here you can choose
the server address (click on "server") => irc.themanaworld.org
Your nickname
the channel => #themanaworld other channels here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... channel.3F

-About the chocolate:
add anti aliasing
you have some light pixel around your figure (ok, ok, we can't see them, but they are)
your shading look strange, not natural (what kind of tools have you used?) But it's chocolate after all.

Note:
nobody is here 7/7 24/24 so you have to wait more than half an hour for an answer.

@Meway: your last post? why?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

ok i will start new topic named " [FND] easter bunnies 2010 " where i will put the modified bunnies
and then i will create a new topic named " [FND] choco eggs 2010 "
And i will create a last topic for my wooden figurines named " [WIP] wooden figurines "
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Post by Link , hero of time »

Ali-G wrote:ok i will start new topic named " [FND] easter bunnies 2010 " where i will put the modified bunnies
and then i will create a new topic named " [FND] choco eggs 2010 "

And i will create a last topic for my wooden figurines named " [WIP] wooden figurines "
now isn't "will"

Now I go will kill Ganondorf. ops ... now isn't "will"
link the hero of time
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

i did for the choco things but i need to do the wooden figurines at home before posting a new topic for them because i need to restart form the beginning :mrgreen:
Also i am creating a new topic named "[WIP] filthy quest"