Sound Update?

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Head Smasher1
Peon
Peon

Re: Sound Update?

Post by Head Smasher1 »

sorry I've been away, snow storms hit us real bad all friggin week and been busy shoveling... now, portable apps, downloaded there audacity but the file converter on it didn't download right.... so that's a bust, Ive tried twice now.

Anyways, got anything you want me to work on? Or if someone can do me a favor, ask around for the most wanted areas in which the players want some 'real music' instead of repeaing the origional set and Ill work on music for those places.

...the latest version, like the newest mana client?... I don't always check here but I often check my email so please email me at bestbud73@yahoo.com
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

You can do some cuicui sound for a chick? :)
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=12275

a 'cui' when he is idle
an other 'cui cui' when he being hitted
and a death 'cui ...' when he die

*hides* But i'm serious, it could be fun to give a little look for this pixels.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Head Smasher1
Peon
Peon

Post by Head Smasher1 »

Reid wrote:You can do some cuicui sound for a chick? :)
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=12275

a 'cui' when he is idle
an other 'cui cui' when he being hitted
and a death 'cui ...' when he die

*hides* But i'm serious, it could be fun to give a little look for this pixels.
Sure thing :lol: I'll start tonight on it after work, but it'll take some time....

Great news guys!! :) I payed the extention for the .ogg (ogg vertis) and have now started the process of converting all of my music to .ogg fromat :D I will make an additional account on mediafire for specifically .ogg files.... or maybe Ill use another service? I would send it all to the admin but I don't have your email :lol:

Anyways, Im converting all 30+ files and so it'll be done soon ;)

Most popular songs (by number of downloads)

1.Finalman_and_yolkem alternate cavemusic v.1
2. Crypt music Final1
3. Head Smashers Elf Village greensleeves

:mrgreen:

damn... i wanna be known as the music guy for the mana world... im already the m usic guy for the alternateworld......
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Well, you can help both servers and more if you help "tmwmusic" git repo increase and both (and more) servers use the same music source.
Current character is "Abolish".
Head Smasher1
Peon
Peon

Post by Head Smasher1 »

was that?
Head Smasher1
Peon
Peon

Post by Head Smasher1 »

Okay sorry I've bveen away, but here's the thing. I have made a song for you guys but I can't post it.... not yet. Anyways.... I'm going through a really bad stink with my familiy, dads getting divoriced and its super stressful, so bear with me. I will not be online for long at any moment and only go online to check my email, so please email me at bestbud73@yahoo.com. Thx
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

are you explicitly trying to get spam? welcome to the internet. you must be new here.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hey all,

Just wanted to add, for anyone who has an interest in the audio/music side of things. Check out Cuckos REAPER for audio and sequencing and Audacity (freeware) for audio editing.

They're both very good 'lite' programs. I personally prefer Sound Forge to Audacity, (but it costs)

Reaper is very impressive, with lots of documentation (and even though it comes bundled with some good stuff, you can probably find some very good free VSTs and plug-ins online)
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Chick sfx

Post by nmaligec »

I think the chick mob would be really fun too and all that is missing is its sfx. I did a quick search but only found good example, but it needs some noise cleanup. I thought I would post it to get the ball rolling (the download link is hard to find so I posted it as an attachement)

Here is the site I got it from, they use creative commons license. This particular piece is listed as personal use, so I'm not too sure what they mean.
http://free-loops.com/7867-baby-chicks.html

The ideal situation is if a sound dev could visit a chicken farm with a portable mic and record chick sounds directly.
Attachments
Baby Chicks.wav-23601-Free-Loops.com.ogg
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 159 times