Chilling Enviroment

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Chilling Enviroment

Post by yubabax116 »

Scarycave Music file.
Attachments
scarycave.mp3
(486.12 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Last edited by yubabax116 on 25 Nov 2011, 01:20, edited 3 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Chilling Enviroment

Post by yubabax116 »

Removed.
Last edited by yubabax116 on 24 Nov 2011, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I would put the two into one single file. Don't forget to make the start and the end match perfectly.

EDIT: maybe you could add some back round noises such as some zombies, some werewolf howls, etc...

Keep it up, you're doing a wonderful work!

Best regards,
Ali-G
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

outcast.mp3 was very good but it seemed to fit a space environment better than a fantasy environment.

scarycave.mp3 works very well in the crypt and fits nicely into the background without clashing with sound effects used in the level. Two things I have to point out. First is that there is a slight change in volume as it loops back, making the loop noticeable. Second, the 'reverse phaser' like sound near the end is a bit too modern/industrial for a fantasy crypt. I would really like to use this clip for the crypt if you could fix those two points.

I also have few suggestions to help improve the mood it sets in the crypt. Right now it kinda goes: -quiet-drumbeat-loud-drumbeat-quiet-drumbeat-louder-drumbeat-reversepart-quiet-.
1. Increase (x1.5 maybe??) the duration of the quiet parts to better highlight the more intense parts.
2. Maybe add on two more sequences/parts to give more variety to the loop, though keep them less intense than the other two loud parts. Maybe even just a -quiet-drumbeat-quiet-drumbeat-quiet- sequence.
3. Ending before the last quiet part might improve looping (the -- is the loopback):
...-drumbeat-reversepart-quiet--quiet-drumbeat-loud-...
becomes
...-drumbeat-reversepart--quiet-drumbeat-loud-...

I really enjoyed listening to your work. BTW what programs did you use?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You can post audio files as attachments on this board. This is much more convenient than using an advertisement-infested external file hoster.
scarycave.mp3
(486.12 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Note that all audio files which are included in TMW need to be in OGG format. The content management can of course re-encode an MP3 file as OGG, but such a conversion always means loss of quality. It would be greatly appreciated when you could deliver native OGG files.

Unfortunately this forum has some problems with OGG attachments. For some reason it changes the extension from .OGG to .OGX when uploading and then to .BZ2 when downloading (the downloaded file is not a bzip2 archive - it is an OGG file with a renamed file extension).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

still learning all the information given to me helps alot so thanks :wink: i will improve the sound for the crypt cave and use the .ogg format. :D

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

I dont have access to my laptop at the moment but ill download the software i usually use on this computer i am currently using and start over :cry: ill still edit the crypt music and get that up in running soon though. Ill try and have it for this weekend.

Yubaba :mrgreen:
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yubabax116 wrote:but ill download the software i usually use on this computer i am currently using
Just curious: what software are you using?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Crush wrote:Just curious: what software are you using?
kind of depends how i feel like making it at the time :)
At the moment im using linux multi media studio, magix music maker 16 and fruity loops. Also Cubase from time to time :mrgreen:
Last edited by yubabax116 on 08 Jun 2011, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Hi yubabax116,

This stuff is great! Really liking your sound. nmaligec's points made sense and lengthening the quiet parts is a cool idea to highlight the contrast.

The only thing that might give you difficulty in the looping is the reverb tails on the atmospheric elements. Starting on the loud drum should mask (to some extent) any reverb tails that are still dying out, especially if you fade out the overall volume towards the end of the track.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

hey there, thanks alot for these points guys :wink: all the comments the better helps me make better stuff :P
i do not have my computer right now its in the repair shop but once i get it i plan on going all out on the editing for this music piece. and plan to get alot of it done. should have it back in a couple days.
thanks for the pointers ;)

Yubaba
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

just got back from calling the geek squad told me it should be done by sunday so expect music then :P and i am going to do some editing on the track i already made for the crypt
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Awesome, I can't wait to hear it. I already put in the first version you submitted. It fits the crypt atmosphere well, so I am sure the next version will make it even better!
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

Removed
Last edited by yubabax116 on 24 Nov 2011, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

It does sound better slowed down. I guess this is the same as the previous version but at 1/2 speed? There is still the oddly placed synth sound at 0:57-1:00. It would suit the crypt much better if it was removed.

About adding monster sounds: DON"T! I do have a few sounds that get set off by scripts. I do not want these effects to be confused with parts of the bgm. The metallic clank that is already in the bgm is enough for ambient sounds.