Soundtrack Submission - Dreary Day

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Soundtrack Submission - Dreary Day

Post by yubabax116 »

this track is very good, but i would edit the track until you got the "spine chiller" out from the beginning so it moves to a more mellow sound in the middle, if you dont mind can i do this? theres a specific part id love to see in the game.

cheers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Ledmitz wrote:
You can have status effects, though, with start-audio and end-audio.
Really? Any change is great. What exactly do you mean by "status effects"?
Look in status-effects.xml in client data. Currently, they only use particle effects, on start.

I'm not sure how the end works in the client.

It is possible to status effects on a player (and sometimes a mob or NPC) from a script, i.e. at a certain stage of a quest. Note, however, that previous sound effects do NOT get stopped (AFAIK).

Also there is a script trigger when equipping armor, but not when unequipping, which causes problems with the "Dark Talisman" item.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

i would edit the track until you got the "spine chiller" out from the beginning so it moves to a more mellow sound in the middle, if you dont mind can i do this?
As per your In game request Yubaba, I have the source posted here now. I am sorry that the samples are in Wav format and that the track is an Flp (FruityLoops) file. I realized that there could be many complications from converting such as skew and the process would have been long and painfull.
If you do not use FruityLoops, you may already know of another program which can open that file type or at least convert it into another that is usable to you. If not, we will find another option that does work... Okay? :D

One more question; Is it possible to loop the soundtrack from a particular time reference so that an intro can still be played upon entering a new map only?

https://sites.google.com/site/ledmitzar ... ects=0&d=1

Look in status-effects.xml in client data. Currently, they only use particle effects, on start.
Sorry, I cannot find this file. I searched for it in the folder as well. Is it possible that only Linux versions use this?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

This is great thank you for this, but i also need the track itself if you dont mind :D if you can make it as a download attachment that would be great as well.

cheers!
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

i also need the track itself
The track itself is the .flp file contained in the .zip directory. If you cannot open it or convert it, just let me know.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

ill need the track in a different format please and thank you :P
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

:lol:... which format? What is the file extension that you need it in or the program that you use to open it?

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

maybe a .ogg or a .mp3
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

OK, I hope this is what you wanted cause it sure was a pain in the posterior. :roll:
I separated each channel and exported to mp3 format. I double checked for skew in Audacity, but everything was fine although it sure took a lot of power to load all those mp3's. I'm not sure how you plan on chopping and stitching without cutting off notes abruptly, though there are some effects and filters to help out a bit, I figure. I assume you're using a beat finder or metronome or something to keep everything in sync.
Good luck on the editing. Will be fun to hear what you do. :D

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

The problem im having is when i download this and save it to my computer it saves into different samples and not the track itself. is there anyway you can post this on mediafire so i can download it properly?

www.mediafire.com
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

The problem im having is when i download this and save it to my computer it saves into different samples and not the track itself
I'm pretty sure you need to double check the file length. They are all 6 mins and 15 secs on the last post. The first few tracks you may hear for a moment and then nothing. That is because they are never heard again.On the post before that, I gave you all just samples and the .flp file to be used in FruityLoops. Asides from those, you already have the last loop edit track as a whole. So, that's it, really. I've already given you everything I have... Whole song, samples with track mix down file and full length of song divided into all 17 separate channels. I hope that clears things up. You must have just skimmed over the files. Check the times or just load all channels into a mixer (software) and play them together and you'll see what i mean.

yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

alright ill have to download the software then thanks :P
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

One easy method is to use OMF file format if your sequencers supports it...? I've used this when providing to clients for video sync.

But it doesn't support MIDI as far as I know.
yubabax116
Warrior
Warrior

Post by yubabax116 »

i have it now, thanks alot ledmitz ill try and edit it a bit and post it by the weekend.
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

(Whistles patiently)