mouboo sfx

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

alpha
Peon
Peon

mouboo sfx

Post by alpha »

Complete series 1
mouboo.zip
mouboo-die(2)
mouboo-hurt(1)
mouboo-hit(2)
mouboo-miss(2)
(134.5 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
sorry, in the attachment notation I put hurt(1) - it should be hurt(4)

[ED]
Beside the minor issues of the sound levels and being mono tracked, these sfx suck in play testing (i didn't know how when I posted). If you use all the sounds I have packaged (as indicated) it sounds like you are fighting a really evil gastrointestinal tract with taco bombs.

I found that die2 is passable, and the misses will work as hits (hit2 is right out! don't even listen to it) and all the hurts just make the fight unbearable. I will be polishing these and reposting something playable-ish below later.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Re: mouboo sfx

Post by alpha »

Ok, these should be a little better for actual usage.

Chicka, let me know about changes that you would like to see made to the style or content.
mouboo-series2.zip
mouboo-die(1)
mouboo-hit(3)
(34.09 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Okay, I enjoyed the Mouboo-die1.ogg which can be used, acctually sounds like a dieing creature of that size and build. Also the mouboo-hit2.ogg sounded nice for a player hitting it. Now if you plan to do attack sounds as well im looking at more like a chomp sound to match the bite the mouboo attacks with. Ill look more into the other sounds you left into the zip when I get back today.
Great work on them, very glad to see someone else working with sound.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

I agree with the need for a chomp noise. The animation makes a lovely articulated "bite" move and it would be a shame to waste it :D

I will start with a selection for you of various types of chomp and clomping sounds that might fit. You can pick the type and I will make a series after play tests to give to you for draft selection.

If you would like I could try to modify the chomp the pinky uses (a bit of length / filter processing should make it sound "larger") - not sure if that is cool or not. Let me know on that one.

I'm having a load of fun playing with noises and I'm learning a lot. As long as I'm more help than pain, I'll be glad to work on this.
alpha
Peon
Peon

Post by alpha »

OK, chomps.

series "a" was actual teeth recordings, "b" is coconut husk on glass dish, "c" is a rough ceramic cup on the coconut husk.

Each was modified by a small amount of fractal mono reverb and a little time lengthening. It should produce the effect of a larger creature (bigger teeth, larger mouth, etc.). They were also amp leveled so they are about the same volume for comparison.

Chicka: pick the closest sounding one to the chomp you imagine and tell me where it fails. As usual I have multiple recordings of each type and should be able to find best pick once you give me feedback direction.
chomps.zip
mouboo-chomp-a
mouboo-chomp-b
mouboo-chomp-c
(44.15 KiB) Downloaded 160 times