[REQ] Legion of Gasaron theme music

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

[REQ] Legion of Gasaron theme music

Post by WildX »

We are in need of a theme track for the Legion, one of the three great guilds in the lore. This music will be played in their buildings and other areas directly under their control. The Legion is a militaristic, lawful, grandiose and strict [WildX runs out of adjectives] organisation. Think a Roman military unit (thus "Legion") with a desire to exert control and discipline over as much land as possible. That's what comes to mind, at least. Feel free to ask more questions on whatever you need to get a better idea.

This is currently the main item on the ToDo list that has to do with sound. If you choose to take this on, do join #evol-dev on IRC to keep us and yourself up to date with development! :D

TMW Team member

Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Re: [REQ] Legion of Gasaron theme music

Post by Tirifto »

Here is a sample that I have composed and let my computer play through it (uploaded as attachment). It is short, experimental and not meant to be a finished work, unless you find it especially suitable for that purpose. Please share with me your opinions!
Attachments
Legion Theme.ogg
The Gasaron March (Not intended for marching!)
(754.7 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Tirifto wrote:Here is a sample that I have composed and let my computer play through it (uploaded as attachment). It is short, experimental and not meant to be a finished work, unless you find it especially suitable for that purpose. Please share with me your opinions!

Alrighty, So.

I think the track sounds great personally, I think it fits the theme especially with the 2D world TMW or w.e it is now is based upon. However there are a couple things I would change before adding it...

1) There is a 7 second gap at the end where no sound is playing, cut that to 59 Seconds instead of 01:06
2) You want the music to loop well. Right now your music loops in a way where the player can tell when the end of the song is, but before you change anything with the sound. Try putting 00:59 seconds merging into 00:01 so they sound like they're looping.

Let me know if you want me to look again when these things are finished :3

Chicka~
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

It sounds fitting... maybe more empire like... something fearsome sounding for the power hungry folks. What other guilds are there? When I hear this one.. I think of a strong, quiet people.... like knowledge seekers.... or even just an artistic people that are not to be messed with. I absolutely love the percussion and choice of instruments. But hey... just my feedback.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Nice work. As Chicka has said, it fits well with the game and IMO it also fits pretty well with the Legion too. Since it's a more intense track than most (for good reason), I would insert a section of quieter or lower-tone music somewhere to avoid stressing the player's ear as the music loops in a map.

TMW Team member

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Bump just to remind the request is still open! If Tirifto wants to continue this or if anyone has anything of their own, this is still the top to-do for music development. :)

TMW Team member

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Yes. I was going to add somewhere in my updates (legacy server), but I see it was created for a very specific purpose. Is it ok for me to add this too Tirifto? I'd like to showcase more than just my submissions. Been rounding up all I can find and making notes on the author/submitter.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Perfect for a cutscene.

You enter a magician's house. This magician has been sending you letters apparently of some misunderstanding. He's unhappy about it. So you go to his lovely house to talk to him about it. An altercation commences and he turns you into a frog. :alt-6:

hehehe