[REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

New rule?

Yes
47%
No
37%
Idk but it sounds interesting
No votes
idk
11%
idc
5%

Total votes: 19
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Post by DarkWater »

Crush wrote:Regarding the Mediator class: Do these people really need any GM rights?

If not what do they need GM status for?

Isn't this something the community could organize itself without the support of the administration?
No, no, and no.

This would be like the some idiot grabbing a bebe gun and charging into war.

A medator needs to have some bite. Which includes possible punishment for breaking the rules.

In the real world, this works because the people of a vested interest in resolving the problems. In the mana world there is no vested interest. One person may just want to be left alone. The other may not. So the second party lies, accuses, and discredits the first, even with the ignore feature.

I actually got this whisper one day.

From someone to Desert Punk, "Did you know Dark Water is gay, stupid ****ing Fags. Screw her over if you can."

What can I do, report it and get it tossed aside. Meditate it? For what? How can I get this guys to stop spreading hate about me?

I cant. He will learn that once gay will not work and from there he will just say "Screw dark water over if you can."

If I go to mediation, he as to stop. He will not stop until someone forces him to.

If you are going to even consider mediation, then you need to consider giving the mediator some banning rights.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
CapitanAwesome
Novice
Novice

Re: [REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Post by CapitanAwesome »

DarkWater wrote:
Crush wrote:Regarding the Mediator class: Do these people really need any GM rights?

If not what do they need GM status for?

Isn't this something the community could organize itself without the support of the administration?
No, no, and no.

This would be like the some idiot grabbing a bebe gun and charging into war.

A medator needs to have some bite. Which includes possible punishment for breaking the rules.

In the real world, this works because the people of a vested interest in resolving the problems. In the mana world there is no vested interest. One person may just want to be left alone. The other may not. So the second party lies, accuses, and discredits the first, even with the ignore feature.

I actually got this whisper one day.

From someone to Desert Punk, "Did you know Dark Water is gay, stupid ****ing Fags. Screw her over if you can."

What can I do, report it and get it tossed aside. Meditate it? For what? How can I get this guys to stop spreading hate about me?

I cant. He will learn that once gay will not work and from there he will just say "Screw dark water over if you can."

If I go to mediation, he as to stop. He will not stop until someone forces him to.

If you are going to even consider mediation, then you need to consider giving the mediator some banning rights.
Any GM that witness' such behaviour should ban the offending player under the no abuse rule.

Apart from that, player disputes should stay between players. GM's have enough problems without worrying about those of the players as well.
I can tell you from experience, that when a 3rd party gets involved in such disputes, nothing but mud slinging happens towards the GM from both sides of the argument, and I can't think of anything I would rather do less, than come home from work and have a community of people bitching in my ear because they don't agree with the stance I took over the incident.

If a mediator position is introduced, don't expect anyone to remain in the position for too long.

Cappy =)
CapitanAwesome - Game Master - server.themanaworld.org