Possible Assassins Armor and Bone Dart Quest

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ipitydafoo
Peon
Peon

Possible Assassins Armor and Bone Dart Quest

Post by ipitydafoo »

Quest Idea for The Mana World: Milak The Assassin

NPC Name: Milak(new NPC) or Any NPC in Northern Tulimshar currently not serving a quest based purpose (gender is unimportant, Age However is)

NPC Location: Tulimshar in an Unocupied house- reason? well it makes more sense to me if he can't get the ingrediants
on his own

Quest Type: Weapon Quest/Armor Quest

Quest Completion reward: assassins gear/ Bone Darts/ possibly 50-100k in Exp (since it is a long quest.)

Quest Description:A PvP quest concept(if not then possibly kill 50 fallen or something)

Quest Item requirements: 50 Mauve Leaves, 50 Cobalt Leaves, 50 Gamboge Leaves, 50 alazarian Leaves. 50 wisp Powders,
50 Poltergeist Powders, 50 Spectre Powders, Bones(will be consumed to make Bone Darts)
(Ok, so the drop frequency might need to be increased for this quest for W/S/P powders.)

Quest Level requirement: Level 70 and Up(not limited to classes eg. Warrior/mage/Archer)

Quest Plot:
A former assassin has decided to give up his old ways as he/she has gotten sick. He/she sees that you have potential
and has selected you to recieve his/her former assassins gear. However he/she decides that you must prove yourself
in combat against other warriors before you can recieve it. He/She tells you that you need to kill a total of
50 people in the arena in order to prove your worth for his/her legendary armor. He begins to tell you of his/her glory
days, when he/she would ambush entire squadrens of soldiers and take them down before they knew what had happened. He/she
explains that his/her weapon of choice was an invention of his/hers: Bone Darts. He/She also begins to tell you about how he/she
no longer has any more,but can make you some and even teach you how to make your own if you bring him/her several
ingrediants for one of his/her medications, he/she requires 50 Wisp/spectre/Poltergeist powder and 50 of each herb for
his/her medication. As you begin to leave he/she warns you that once you have completed this task you will be marked as
a villan of The Mana World, as you have chosen the darkest path a warrior can.(Due to following the assassin's path or
something along those lines)

Character Dialogue:

NPC: Excuse me child, could you please help a sickly old man/woman?

Player Options: 1.What do you need help with?
2.I'm a little busy, maybe another time.
3.Go Bother someone else with your problems old man/woman

NPC: Please hear me out, I only need some ingredients for my potion, old age does not agree with me.

Player Otions: 1. What ingredients do you need?
2. I don't have the time to go looking for them, don't pester me with your problems

NPC: I need some powders from the dead. I've heard about the swamp and the grveyard in Hurnscald, until recently I have
been forced to purchase my potion from overseas, and it has become too much of a burden on my financially to continue
to purchase it overseas. My supplier has sent me the list of ingredients used to make this potion, due to my old age
I am unable to gather the ingredients but, hopefully, that is where you come in. I will need 50 wisp, poltergeist, and
spectre powders, as well as 50 of each herb to stabalize the potion. Will you help me?

Player Options: 1. No
2. I'd love to help!
3. Help costs, whats in this for me?

NPC: Well I haven't got much left these days. However, I can give you some of my old armor! I was once a notorious assassin
and was wanted by many governments, but quite a while ago, i stopped once I met my wife/husbend. Ah she/he
was the reason i gave up my wretched life and began anew here. In my youth I was obsessed with the dead. I would
constantly use their bones and mold them into weapons in the shape of darts. I can teach you to make them, but in
doing this you will cause the dead to become restless and return once more to reclaim their lost body parts.
but perhaps you should prove yourself to me, come back when you have killed those who have fallen.

(Ok, so that's pretty much what I've got for now, idk if it's gonna get picked up or not, but it was worth a try. I know
it makes no sense, but still it was worth a shot. give me some of your feedback let me know what you thin needs to be
changed/added/removed. Just go easy on me. This is my first time posting anything in the forums. Hope you enjoy it. =P)

P.S. My ingame char is Hisagi, any questions or comments you can find me in game, but please be sure to whisper me. XP
Tengu

Re: Possible Assassins Armor and Bone Dart Quest

Post by Tengu »

Hisagi, i liked of your idea.
I belive that the assassin outfit will be available when they finish the map of some new place.
However, your NPC is very cool; I don't know if the developers already have one NPC like Milak, but if not, here are a exellent idea for a NPC assassin/ninja.

Regards, Tengu.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i would pimp the hell out of some bone darts! not too partial to the assassin gear, though. the quest sounds awesome, would be a decent challenge for high level players.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

I disagree with this approach. Its a bad idea for one quest to reward you with 6/7 pieces of gear. Dumping tons of gear on a player at once will break the game even more then it is broken now.

Instead, how about building up to it, like give players a lower level quest at first, rewarding gear that is designed for that level. Then over course of playing the game, give more and challenging quests. To receive the better items.

I am currently redesigning equipment, and the assassin gear is targeted at different levels (started at 16 IIRC, and building up to level 70).
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
ipitydafoo
Peon
Peon

Post by ipitydafoo »

I understand where you're coming from kage but to the older players that is too off putting. Most people have the patience of a hungry person at a buffet (like me.) I don't think that people should get the equipment so quickly, if anything lvl 40 or something since getting to 40 is easy, but 16 is far too early a level to receive equipment that is new. Alot of the veteran players might feel a little mad that getting awesome equipment is so easy. Idk, thats just me.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

ipitydafoo wrote:if anything lvl 40 or something since getting to 40 is easy, but 16 is far too early a level to receive equipment that is new. Alot of the veteran players might feel a little mad that getting awesome equipment is so easy. Idk, thats just me.
The equipment will have its stats set for the level. So the assassin gloves, won't be much stronger then gloves of the same level. I am working on a formula to calculate the strength equipment will have at each level.

Also, I am not worried about veterans. And hopeful when re-balancing is done, people will consider more then "What looks the coolest" when selecting gear.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P