After level 99

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: After level 99

Post by veryape »

Someone (I think it might have been Tinker Bell) had the idea about that you should be able to start over from lvl 1, like sell all your levels to a NPC for a very special hat. I kind of like that idea.

Some players gets bored when they hit lvl 99 and start a new char, this way people can keep their original players and have get a cool hat, also wearing that hat would be a hint to lower level players around that this is a guy who probably can help with questions about the game etc.

The platyna/sugarcorgit crown comes to mind as a suiting hat.

The objection to it was that the players that started over from lvl 1 had nothing to do because they probably have finished all quests. However I do not see that as a massive problem since it is something they themselves choose to do. And over time with more quests added they will have new stuff to do.

So that is my suggestion, Selling your powers to Goblenz for a vanity hat. Maybe it could be done so that you choose good/bad path. The good option might be selling your power to Sagatha or something like that.

Just throwing the idea out there.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Eh, it's more fun to just start a new character and never (wield a weapon OR wear any armor OR attack any enemy OR access storage OR ...)

Pick N of the above according to your idea of fun.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

I wonder if ppl are still interested in the idea of the hardcore mode.

I still think this is floating somewhere on my github and I also think it is pretty finished. It just needs testing.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

I still love to play Galaga and I havn't reached level 99 in that game ..... but I still play it '_' Should I get a life?...wait, I have one :p

Is it possible to make an item untradeable and bound to an account permanently?
shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Post by shygorgon »

Maybe there can be some type of quest that will possibly allow a plater to reach past level 99... Say, to level 120 or 125...
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I still like the idea of getting a item for it that is only useable by players that has been reset back to one, no idea about how to implement that thing, say the Crown that platyna sported for instance.

That would be neat and people who has played to lvl 99 and decided to start all over again are really worth a special item imo. Also if they use that stuff when running around leveling as a noob again people around them will know "this is an experienced player" and maybe be able to answer my questions about the game etc. I think this is a good way to mix the crowd up a bit too.

As of now I have one lvl 99 player that i only use for getting cash by doing illias, otherwise he is dead, i have two level 96 chars that i don't see any reason playing since they already have done anything in the game and i don't have any real challenges left to do with them, the only thing i do know is the day they turn lvl 99 they are more or less dead for me as a player. I would like to be able to play them more but now i only do seasonal quests etc with them.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

veryape wrote:I still like the idea of getting a item for it that is only useable by players that has been reset back to one, no idea about how to implement that thing, say the Crown that platyna sported for instance.
Trivial, just set a script variable for the reset and use unequipcb exactly like all the other items that have requirements.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I like the idea of allowing a reset back to level 1 with a special equippable item.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Does people in general agree with this? Make Black Dons crown available by giving up all your levels at lvl 99? Or are there other plans for it?

Is it possible to make an item only useable by someone that has done the reset?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Does there really have to be a downfall for getting an interesting item? IMO people who reach level 99 should achieve something anyway since it took them so long to get to where they are level wise.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I like the idea of getting another let's say 50-100 character points you can distribute to your stats after resetting from level 99 to level 1.
And maybe getting some symbol like a star after your gender that shows that you were "reincarnated"..... Cassy ♀★

This plus a nice item like ape said (I think just an item isn't enough).

Edit: No idea if that's possible of course.
Same counts for Malivox's stat reset - could he realize he needs to give 50-100 char points more after resetting?
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Cassy wrote:I like the idea of getting another let's say 50-100 character points you can distribute to your stats after resetting from level 99 to level 1.
And maybe getting some symbol like a star after your gender that shows that you were "reincarnated"..... Cassy ♀★

This plus a nice item like ape said (I think just an item isn't enough).

Same counts for Malivox's stat reset - could he realize he needs to give 50-100 char points more after resetting?
A prestige system would actually be a lot of fun, I feel the high rollers would have a ball with that
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Cassy wrote:I like the idea of getting another let's say 50-100 character points you can distribute to your stats after resetting from level 99 to level 1.
Not easily possible. Points are directly tied to level in the server, there's no real way to give a bonus without fiddling things.
It is easily possible to give a special item. o11c detailed in an earlier post how it can be done. The item would only be equippable by characters that have surpassed level99 and reset.

Perhaps the item could give a stat boost when equipped but I'm not sure this is a good idea. Level99 characters are powerful as it is.. A double level99 would be scary and sort of unfair to everyone around them.

A better idea might be to allow reset level99ers some extra privileges such as being able to equip any item regardless of minimum level. Same for quests, which they should get a redo on. . This would give reset level99 characters the freedom to replay the entire game the way THEY want to play it, instead of the normal enforced order of things. Sort of like "New Game+".

(tech note: This would also allow eLvl to be ripped out of the server. It's redundant as scripts can handle it)
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Personally, I like to guard the GY from those that drag mobs, but if they weren't there... maybe I would be the nuisance dragging mobs around. I like to be a support player at 99 of some type. IDC about a special item or map... I just think eliminating the 99 cap would keep ppl playing their maxed out characters rather than retiring them or starting trouble with them.. maybe a special spell/power that no other can get till 99 would be nice, if anything. :?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Lota
Peon
Peon

Post by Lota »

And why not the 100th level ? You're level 99, you're awesome, BUT if you really want to be the elite, you have to restart from the beginning.
This is close to Cassy's idea : A tiny stat boost and a proof of awesomeness that doesn't reside in a piece of equipment (except it's a (100) only visible with #inwilt, but the star is a pretty good idea too).