eA developer? TMW contributor?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: eA developer? TMW contributor?

Post by Rotonen »

CR subproject leaders group is something which clarifies things. Now it seems to be lost.

On the other hand we could just elevate the leaders into TMW developers?
This message used to be meaningful.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

What's the difference? If there's any need for clarification, there are other ways such as your signature that clear things up without all the old complicated groups.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I would like to put all the CR1 project leaders into the new developers group when they aren't in there yet. But unfortunately the CR1 project leader title was never a group but just an informal title given to individual users. I have no way to view the full list of people with this custom title as far as I can tell, so please give me a list.

(another example for what a chaos the old forum ranks and groups are)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Making it a group would be easier or do you feel that would be too much overhead?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Why exactly do we need a different user group for the CR project leaders? Can't we just put them under the general label of TMW Developer?

The official definition of this group is "Everyone with decisive power on TMW". The CR project leaders have the sole responsibility and creative lead on their subprojects, so I think that they fit this description.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well, one of the subproject leaders just hastily stormed out due to "losing status" and has not been in any contact since. No matter how people can argument it was announced beforehand and he should have read into things and he should have known this or that: the fact to me is a key person is currently MIA without any guarantee of coming back.

I guess being extra safe in the future with changes like these and bothering to PM entire groups about these changes before is more failsafe of a practice.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

What?

Who left?

I hope the person concerned will calm down and ask what happened before really leaving.

Regards.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Communication breakdowns and misunderstandings will happen sometimes, and could happen to anyone.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:
poison_ivy wrote:But, as I said, I do want to, and will, create content for the the eAthena server, whether it gets accepted or not.
That is very nice of you and good for the TMW-eA community. For your personal sanity I would recommend you find out (or actually make and define at this point) what is the exact procedure to get stuff online from the drawing board into the game. My input would be "design stats/significance" -> "draw pixel art (or do script, etc.)" -> "package" -> "test" -> "release". The community should deserve one person to run after things like that and especially a person who can also say no.
i love TMW...from the first maggot i killed and wanted to help with out stepping on toes....i have pixeled some ok things and not so ok things ...i have had lots of help along the way from most of the DEV-team...and have learned much and still have much to learn ...as some one trying to help--the biggest problem i find is knowing who can say "yes or no"....none want to stay up all night working on some thing that there unsure if it is some thing that can fit in game(other people working on same thing and not knowing,done not fit style of game,some thing else dose same thing thats there just not in game yet,etc etc) ...most of the time im lost and just post what i do and hope for the best...
it would help lots it there was a go-to guy with plans on what one can do and what needs to be done next with out dwelling on it or needing to ask others ......Wombat is doing some thing haveing to do with creepy npc,s ...he posted a list and a request ...with names like innkeeper,grim-guard, and so on.....THIS SORT OF THING HELPS LOTS..makes things easier for a new mapper , artiest, programmer to contribute to the game with out being blind or lost....im not saying that they need to think up all the ideas for content but being directed on whats appropriate will help me.
so basically to sum it all up... i think it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was someone coordinating all content, as in what is in development currently, what is up coming for the future and what is not wanted at all throughout the entire TMW. someone whose function is to say "yes", "no" or "already being worked on" to ideas one comes up with so that people dont end putting a lot of effort into something that never goes anywhere (and possibly getting discouraged so they dont attempt again) or waiting so long for an answer to essentially simple questions that they lose interest altogether. this is a video game, not a bureaucracy, so lets have fun creating for it and playing it, not just letting the time fill itself.

this is just my humble opinion, of course, we welcome yours....

-----------------------------------------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi skipy,

IMHO, ta Content coordination has been done by many but in the present time, the answer to go-to guy for tAthena content management is Wombat for me.
So without any more formalism, I'd say keep on asking him for what you can be involved into, and I'm sure it will bear fruits rather soon.

Plus, I say we're glad to have you as a pixel artist. :)

Best regards.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Bertram wrote:Hi skipy,

IMHO, ta Content coordination has been done by many but in the present time, the answer to go-to guy for tAthena content management is Wombat for me.
So without any more formalism, I'd say keep on asking him for what you can be involved into, and I'm sure it will bear fruits rather soon.

Plus, I say we're glad to have you as a pixel artist. :)

Best regards.
sweet ...seems to be going smooth so far :mrgreen: ....ill just stick with Wombat on the "what to do,s" then :twisted: :mrgreen: ............
and thank you, im happy my art is liked (still learning,but geting better :wink: )...

best of luck to all --------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana