Thoughts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

F3n1x
Newly Registered User

Thoughts

Post by F3n1x »

I played TMW a few years ago, when I first switched to ubuntu. The graphics and gameplay were superior of that of tibia, and the fact that it was free and open source really surprised me. I played like crazy for some days and made some friends in the game, the most difficult area was the mountain were the indian makes the Jeans Chaps.

My nick was f3n1x.

I leaved the game for some time, I had no time to play. Sometimes I went back and readed some news on the forum, reading how the mana world was getting bigger and things were added little by little.

Now I can play a little more, even when I had to start all over. The sprites and their actions were the first surprise I got, these spiders look mighty (back then were little green spiders) and they look like they are alive, waving their frontal teeth when they are not attacking, along with animations of other monsters. The map is different of that I remeber, magic was added and I feel the game a little more challenging.

It is a letdown that c is not my best programming languaje (for the moment), seeing how this game is growing makes me want to help with it. For the moment the only thing that I can do is say thank you to all people that is involved somehow with the mana world project, and I can foresee that it will be one of the greatest games of all times.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Thoughts

Post by Jaxad0127 »

C isn't needed to make content.
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

how about making number of partymembers unlimited?
would be worldchannel then.
or: how about a worldchannel each msg costs lets say 50gp?
msgs r shown in normal chatwindow with world prefix and other color.

edit: would be for better guildsupport.
F3n1x
Newly Registered User

Post by F3n1x »

jaxad0127 wrote:C isn't needed to make content.
Programming is the only thing that I don't completely suck at.
Visiting the wiki noticed that artist are one of the most needed at the moment, I used blender in the past but only for a summer investigation proyect. If tmw needs something done with blender let me know and I'm in. However I will need time to redo the begginers tutorials in order to remember the controls and to check the true powers of blender, the only things I did is modeling, animation, and some custom python scripts (all very simple).

About ideas I have a couple of them: a trade system and a challenge hall.

The trade system would involve a database, in which the stored data will reffer to the owner, the articles and quantity, the price and/or interchange condittions (added with comboboxes). The interface would be a table, activated with a trade button with the merchant, added to the window with buy, sell, cancel. The person willing to obtain some item would select the item he/she wants in a combobox and the posible options appear. That way the trades could be done even if the owner of the articles is offline. The items or gp traded would be added to that character account and the character receives a message (if offline, when login into the game) or informed when consulted with the merchant.

The challenge hall would be a set of linear rooms, every room with a number of monsters, once all the monsters are beaten a key (npc, barrier, etc.) let the player go into the next, more difficult room. Take it as a solo or clan challenge. No option to go back. The music I imagine is as the first minute of the "One winged angel" (Sephirot, from FFVII), and in the final room, as a surprising joke touch, the orchesta responsible for the music, playing with all what they got.

All is easier said than done :mrgreen: .
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If you want to code, NPC scripts would help. The current server uses a custom language for them. The new one uses LUA. There's also a ton of C++ work to be done.
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

@F3n1x trade improvement: there is a thing like that in mwo, u got 2 options, 1 is to put items in an auction hall, u can be offline while trade happens. the 2nd is one where u have to be on but somewhat afk, there its called a booth, in other game i saw was called a stall. u put lets say up to 8 items in a tablewindow and set a prize for each item, then give the booth a name. when u open it, a traders stand appears in front of the char who set it and the char cant move from that time on. people passing by see the char+the tradestand(booth/stall) and know they can use a view booth/stall option.
a window opens and there is the list with the items to sell. u buy, the seller gets. in mwo, there is even a tax to pure ripp off people, but such thing could be good for an event pot for example as well.
F3n1x
Newly Registered User

Post by F3n1x »

jaxad0127 wrote:...The new one uses LUA. There's also a ton of C++ work to be done.
Didn't know about Lua, and the only c++ that I have worked with was the borland.

... :mrgreen: Finally something to have fun with (apart from the game, of course). Thanks for pointing the direction jaxad0127.
I will learn c++ and Lua under debian, it will take some time but when I feel ready I will ask where to look for something to code.
Gotcha wrote:...in mwo, there is even a tax to pure ripp off people...
Adding a bit of reality, uh? :lol:

Now, if you excuse me, I have to look for some packages :twisted: .
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

1. i dont rip off people
2. i wont rip off people
3. make it mmog, its not a mmorpg
4. i know whats a troll and i am not
5. what gives u the right to tell others how to play?
6. what u think i did wrong u didnt do urself probably 20 times more often?
7. where u see the difference from having at least* 4 clients running to make up whole storysets
without telling everyone who u are, and having 1 client running playing a game* that isnt necessarily meant
to play yourself anyways?
8. who r u to think to know other peoples intentions for playing a game?
9. i know very well what i did and what not, and also what others who still just keep blaming others do without mentioning it either.
(if noone asks in greater detail doesnt mean noone knows whats going on)
10. some seem not see when they need more distance to a game to not replace its concepts with playing detective or a completely different thing out of plane boredom.
11. get whatever packages u want to get, could be a good start to see what other things exist except tmw, and if ur lucky enought, u find some other and then maybe real problems that make actually real sense bothering with.

edit: 12. why u think everything that happens is about u or targeted at u? in my opinion, u r the bigger sucker than u claim i would be.
13. how many chars did u play so far? 50, 80? that could easily be the reason for ur selfcentered ultraego as well as boredom playing the game because of achieving everything with botting. i played with 3 chars since i know tmw, where 2 of them i created myself and u, mrwhoever u r almost managed to destroy all of them. i didnt create Gotcha because of feeling guilty, but because i wanted to get rid of ur intregues and hateret. feel free to delete the 2 other accounts, also, take out the items and make an event with them, they would be deleted when purging again anyways...

edit2: before i forget it, or me, u better start watching ur tounge if u like stay that very honorable man u r, and with that i dont only mean u stop pushing guilttrips to others and "falseflag trolling", if u want call it like that.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Don't worry about other people Gotcha. For every 10 people complaining about anything, there is 1 person actually doing something. That is not just the way of this game, but of the world or so it seems to me. Haters are a dime a dozen. Pro-active people are few and far between. Keep up the good work on the guild and maybe you too will find interest in content development.
Current character is "Abolish".
F3n1x
Newly Registered User

Post by F3n1x »

Gotcha wrote: 1-12 things and 2 edits

Don´t know If I missed something, or if you misunderstand a thing I wrote.
By writting "adding a bit of reality", I meant about adding a tax to a game.
I'm not telling how everybody has to play, just added ideas and if they are taken seriously or not, not depends on me, but on the crew of the proyect and the community.
I will need c++ in a near future, so learning it before its time is better.
I use open source software all the time, and I wanted to help at least one proyect.
I wanted to be a game developer, but I never had know of a light and good languaje, Lua opened a new horizon.
So learning c++ and Lua and even try to help with something in this proyect is something I want to do and I will do. If my coding is reyected or not for being useless or very noob will be in charge of the developers and the community.
You can call me whatever you want, but don´t expect more answers to flame posts (in case you didn't misunderstand something).
Gotcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Gotcha »

very well kid, will be in charge of the developers and the community.
SO go for it and do what u can, for developers and commmunities sake of course.