Suggestion for the forum!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Suggestion for the forum!

Post by Armadeus »

I want to suggest a few section suggestions, I haven't noticed any in a long time so I would like to suggest a few.
  • Intellectual Discussions - Intellectual Discussions is a section for discussion off-topic discussions, not like the lounge, but it's discussions completely unrelated to others and if you're intellectual you could post a topic in it, you don't have to be intellectual, that is, but if you have nothing to say on the topic, don't say it. You could discuss certain things such as: 2012, inventions, technology, discussions like that.
  • Entertainment - Entertainment is a section to discuss topics involving movies, games, music, topics such as those. You want to discuss up-coming movies, and such, give topics on how well you think a movie has been done, etc. You can post it in that topic to discuss it.
  • Screenshots - I don't have any better way to discuss the way this section is done, it's basically letting people post screenshots of special events and such in game, even if there is a topic, I think this would be a fun section to make for people to see something they've gotten in an extremely rare drop, something they found cool. Those sorts of things.
Just a few little ideas I've had, I have many more, but these are just a few I think would make the forum more fun and interesting. I know I'm going to get a lot of responses such as "Oh, the forum's just a little add-on" or "Oh, you don't need these sections". They are, after all, just a few suggestions I've had and mind and I personally think they'd be a great contribution to the forum.
zick
Novice
Novice

Re: Suggestion for the forum!

Post by zick »

My guess is they probably won't include any of these ... This is mainly a development forum not a social network ...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

zick wrote:My guess is they probably won't include any of these ... This is mainly a development forum not a social network ...
Agreed. When you feel the need to discuss entertainment or have intellectual discussions there are thousands of other forums on the web dedicated to this stuff.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

It would bring more life to the forum. :roll:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You mean more irrelevant stuff to read while we should be developing a game?

Quality > Quantity
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

There can be many forums, including intellectual discussion, I disagree that it is only for development (we have social and development sections here, separated).

However forums should be created when there are many threads about some subject that cannot fit in any other category - it means on demands, not just because. There are not much intellectual discussions on this forum, in fact most of stuff posted on offtopic section is at level that would make a chimpanzee ashamed.

Regards.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Platyna wrote:There can be many forums, including intellectual discussion, I disagree that it is only for development (we have social and development sections here, separated).

However forums should be created when there are many threads about some subject that cannot fit in any other category - it means on demands, not just because. There are not much intellectual discussions on this forum, in fact most of stuff posted on offtopic section is at level that would make a chimpanzee ashamed.

Regards.
With an intellectual discussion section I imagine I could bring life to it with topics and such. If I post topics, I'm sure a lot of people will view and share their opinions and such.