Graveyard spawn rate

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Graveyard spawn rate

Post by DarkWater »

Is there a possible way to increase the spawn rate in the graveyard? It is way to low right now. The chapel area, with jacko, can be held by just 3 players.

It has become way to easy to fight there. If we could double or triple the spawn rate, it would make it more of a challenge.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Graveyard spawn rate

Post by John P »

The spawn rate in the Graveyard is too high. It needs to be lowered.

Where we need a higher spawn rate is in Tulimshar. I kill maggots way too fast there.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

lol

I understand your point. But there really needs to be someplace that is a challenge. I know candor, but that place will fall by this time next week.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Why would Candor fall by next week? lol.. It's a great idea to use the same old monsters we're all bored of, in a new, more challenging way than dragging one's sorry ass(not an insult, lol! I feel like my own ass is sorry when I drag it there) all the way to the GY for, as you said, a kind of low spawn rate. If, and when, they decide on a suitable difficulty, and add either a reward or the reward points discussed, Candor will be even better :P.
Last edited by mistergrey on 12 Aug 2010, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

As your level increases (or reaches 99 like you have reached DarkWater) you'll see monsters as trivial to kill and be impatient. There are a dozen places that could have faster respawns take the grass snake area or even the santa slimes if you want to gather them into a mob and rain arrows just for fun.

I'm with mistergrey on this one and would prefer more interesting ways of fighting monsters rather than just essentially botting in one location just because I can't be bothered to move my character at all. In effect this "monsters should come to me" attitude is one borne from too much grinding and not enough interactive game play.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Well, I agree with DW insofar as ... there definitely should be some place that's about impossible to hold down and clear with 2-3 people. But, that's also why I've enjoyed Candor so far. The area near the chapel should have faster respawns, because once you clear it out once, it's slow going from there.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

i have 1 question about candor: why are there no zombies? i have seen snakes, slimes, skeletons, fallen etc. but no zombies. is there a reason behind this??? :?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

1234 wrote:i have 1 question about candor: why are there no zombies? i have seen snakes, slimes, skeletons, fallen etc. but no zombies. is there a reason behind this??? :?
It's a conspiracy.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.