Help for New Players

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

infoshock
Newly Registered User

Help for New Players

Post by infoshock »

Heya, as a new player to the game I have to say great job guys, but I'm here to give a few suggestions that would really help new players out.

1.) A Tutorial - even if its just a text readme tutorial that'd be a nice edition, I realize there is a small intro talk with the first NPC you meet, but a little rundown of the basics for those who don't know the controls, and for those who do know basic controls a more extensive world intro

2.) A Quest Log - this would be a nice addition not only for new players but for everyone I think, e.g. I talked to a kid at the beginning of the game and he asked me to get something for him, yet now he doesn't say a thing to me, also something to reference when out on the field of battle to make sure your not picking up the wrong items

3.)Quest Pointers - at least in the beginning having them tell you where to go to finish the quest and where your next quest would be

4.)Explanation of Stats - something before you put your stat points in explaining what each does, because even as an experienced rpger, and maybe more so, I still confuse dexterity and agility and which does which

5.) Markers for Which Buildings can be Entered - honestly I didn't even know I could enter buildings until I was past level ten, this left me wondering where the inn was when I was too high for free heals

6.) Free Heals for a Little Longer - at least till you're out of the starting area would allow for an easier time for newbies to the rpg world

7.) Auto Pick-Up - one that can be toggled would be a nice feature as it gets annoying when you miss an item because you're fighting and it disappears or someone else picks it up

I just have to say again great game; its fun to play. Hope I help.
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: Help for New Players

Post by Len »

5.) Markers for Which Buildings can be Entered - honestly I didn't even know I could enter buildings until I was past level ten, this left me wondering where the inn was when I was too high for free heals
Use the Mana client for this one... But for the rest I say toughen up (a lot of games lose their fun when they become too streamlined)
Pixel Battalion
infoshock
Newly Registered User

Re: Help for New Players

Post by infoshock »

I agree but I'm not asking for it to be streamlined completely just a little at the start to help new players out. And the quest log would be a handy feature for many people.

Anyways I'm just trying to help not complain or have it completely streamlined.