New Dyes and Hair Style/Color

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

New Dyes and Hair Style/Color

Post by Wombat »

From Reid and Wombat:

Players are asking to get more dyeable colors, for hair color or for Selim the Dyer.

We got a new NPC that come from Chefchelios, we can may use him to do some other color like : Brown, crimson, navy blue, olive green, dark orange and may some other to dye some cloth, we can also use the 'new' Meway hairstyle and create a pink hair (really really asked since a long time).

People willing to get some of this change, and that can put some fun in game for old player and same for newbie! That can also help the economy of TMW, we can use new item like coal to create this new dye, and we can may create a new npc in an other city to create this new color!

Many possibility are possible, just want to know what you think about that.

---

In addition to this, there is the new pants (long pants), as well as a concept that the new dyes could be made with a quest orientation instead of the simple crafting that is currently the process. There has been, in the past, some desire to keep too many colors out of the game for some odd reason, one I think of immediately is issues with keeping things organized in the item_db.txt and items.xml. I want thoughts on this before implementation of new dyes. Things like additional colors, items affected and the like. There is the desert hat, cotton shorts, shirt, v-neck, t-neck, pants, robe, tank top, short tank top, skirt, short skirt and perhaps other items that would be affected by the changes.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Dyes and Hair Style/Color

Post by Crush »

One of the reasons we need Manaserv: Unique items with individual colors (and with individual I mean full 16.777.216 colors).

On eAthena we unfortunately have to add a new item for every colorisation.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I'd like see to more colours of dye. However, the item IDs are sorted by item firstly, in groups of the ten different IDs: one for each colour.

This isn't just to keep things organised. Selim's dye script sets a variable to the start of the item's dye string and then increases it depending on what colour you want, thus finding the correct ID. If you add more colours (which could not be grouped with the current colours, as the next item's IDs begin straight after) you'll need to add some if statements to direct the script to a secondary dye string.

Regardless of the bother, I'd quite like to see some new colours, especially brown. After Hallowe'en I'm going to look into the difficulty of creating a few new skills - Agriculture, Sew-craft, Alchemy. If I end up doing this, perhaps Alchemists can craft the dyes, accomplishing quests to learn new recipes?
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

can we get plaid dye? i wanna dye a skirt plaid so i can have a kilt.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

yourmistakes wrote:can we get plaid dye? i wanna dye a skirt plaid so i can have a kilt.
No support for patterns yet. We'd need to make a new image for each pattern.