Quest feedback

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Len
Knight
Knight

Quest feedback

Post by Len »

I would like to give some positive feedback on the latter part of the Rossy Quest and the Bandit Quest. Definitely a breath of fresh air from the usual gathering some random crap for some silly reason quest. Although I do find it completely illogical that Rossy doesn't tell you about her sister from the start (I don't think many people would ask the one person who could save their sibling to go gather cherries instead).

Now I'm not saying that gathering items makes for a bad quest, the bandit quest actually did it in such a way that it makes sense (but I would still avoid gathering in future quests as the game has enough of them). The bandit ambush event was a nice touch BTW and I hope to see more such scripted events.Overall you guys are moving in a good direction, but you really need to avoid the fluff.
Pixel Battalion
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Re: Quest feedback

Post by alastrim »

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Actually, This quest started as a simple "gathering items" quest made by dark mage. Then dark mage and ali-g started working on some more ideas to make it more interesting, and the battles in the caves is one of them.

The problem is that the storyline had to be twisted a little to make everything fit, and this can make the story a little bit strange sometimes.

About rossy asking for cherries when her sister is in a dangerous cave, the idea is that rossy only discover that julia was abducted in the end of the quest. In the beggining, she only knows that she ran away when the snail attacked them and she has a feeling that something bad happened.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

alastrim wrote:Then dark mage and ali-g started working on some more ideas to make it more interesting, and the battles in the caves is one of them.
1) Lets not forget that Dark_Mage started the quest pretty well, he had some ideas mixed up in his head but they turned well at the end. Thanks to Dark_Mage.
2) Moreover, alastrim took a lot of his free time to put in place the battle cave system. Thanks to alastrim.
3) Jenalya also helped a lot her great ideas and her awesome reviews. Thanks to Jenalya.
4) TheKandiman also did a wonderful job by reviewing each dialogue of each script. Thanks to TheKandiman.
5) On top of all, we had the best support from Wombat for the implementation of the quest. Thanks to Wombat.

In overall, great job everyone! Meaning which, a bad-starting-quest can always turn well! ;)

Ali-G
Last edited by Alige on 16 Aug 2011, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

This was the best answere i have seen since weeks: thx to each of every developer who is working 4 this server! You do a damn good job! :)
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.