Economy, PK, Stealing and PVP System 2

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Ultima Online

Post by LedStyle »

Hi there,

This is my first post and im really bad in english, so, be patient with me hehe.

I think the best system of MMORPG ever is Ultima Online. The Ultima Online Economy has been elect the 5º best economy of the World (not agains other games, but agains other REAL countries).

I Think the best rules are:

1 - PVP need be implemented in my oppinion. This will take the game much more cool.
2 - Stealing loot permited. I think if one player dies, all inventory need stay on his body. When he born again, need go to his body and take you inventory.
3 - If any player loots another player, he will stay with "thief status" and his name will appear in gray. This status can stay with the player for 5 minutes, but when he is in Gray status, anyone can kill him because he is a criminous.
4 - If any player kills another player with blue status (not thief but a good player) his status need stay red and he will be a PK (Player Killer). Any other player can kill them to, and loot his body for free.
5 - The cities are protected by NPC guards. If any player with red stats (PK) enter in a city, any player can call the guards. The guards kill the player instantly. If a gray status player appear in a city and another player call for guards, the player (a thief) will be arrest. In Ultima Online, many shards implement a penal system. For time or with work to get out from the jail.
6 - Some cities have no guards, and its called "PKs cities".
7 - Some dungeons need have guards protection for noobs starting.
8 - A bank is really needed to put rare itens and for if you die, noones can loot.

In Ultima Online we have a lot of jobs, but not the Ragnarok Jobs. In UO we can be fisher, carpentry, blacksmith, cook, sewer, animal tammer and many other. In UO we harve (i dont know how do this in english) the tree to get wood, create an pole, kill some sheeps, get the wool, create a coat and make a fisher pole. So we fish, with wood make fire, cook the fish and eat, because when we are hungry we cannot work or fight.

So this is just a little part of we can do in Ultima Online. I think this style of system is the better. PVP in some areas, another areas with guards, hungry system, jobs to get money but with 1 differente: Level points. Yeah, because in UO we cant distribute the experience points. If you fight with a sword, automaticaly you will learn more abou swordsmanship, etc.

And in UO you can make party and clãs with friends, and you can buy a house for you. You place the house in any locations of the world and put your itens, buy tables, chairs, beds, and lots of stuff. Its really cool.

I Think we need a big world and mount horses to travel to. Magic system to, of course!

One more thing... In UO the price of any itens are not static. When much people buy some iten, his price ups. Its amazing system. Look>

Link: http://www.mine-control.com/zack/uoecon/uoecon.html
Last edited by LedStyle on 30 Mar 2006, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I don't think this is the right thread for it.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

No, no and no.Your suggestions will make it much more PvP oriented and in my opinion that will create more pain than fun.

PvP can be fun but I think it should only be allowed in a arena or other such place.

We already have a bank.But it's not finished yet. :(

I dont like your thieving rules either.It's to easy to pick up someone elses loot if you kill something at the spot next to a monster that another player kills.You simply cant tell what loot belongs to a player in a situation like that.

Edit : No hunger system.It's a pain to have to carry around food and feed your character all the time.
Maybe a mount.Maybe.As it is now I cant really see how that can be implemented regarding the scale of your character and the surrounding environment.
Last edited by Tarm on 30 Mar 2006, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Well, the steal system and PVP its the better system if you think like an RPG game. Its a real system, but some players have fear to lost some itens, but this make the game much more emotive, i think.

And sorry if i post in the wrong place. I've just see lots of post in this thread talking about looting, botts and pvp, so i post.

Sorry guys.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

LedStyle wrote:Well, the steal system and PVP its the better system if you think like an RPG game. Its a real system, but some players have fear to lost some itens, but this make the game much more emotive, i think.

And sorry if i post in the wrong place. I've just see lots of post in this thread talking about looting, botts and pvp, so i post.

Sorry guys.

Steal system and "unrestricted" PvP will alienate a lot of people.I know I hate it.This is just my opinion but things like a steal system and to much PvP tend to attract the less than mature players.Players that like those things are usually the kind of players I avoid.

Sorry if we're off topic but I felt I needed to answer this. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

Tarm wrote:in my opinion that will create more pain than fun.
And just one more thing.

If you play UO you will see... This system dont cause pain, but mantain a emote game. All players give much more valour to the itens. And this will not be a PVP game, because PKs have a lot of troubles. PKs can't enter in cities, because guards can kill him. The PK economy is very hard.

Only few people want be Pk.
LedStyle
Peon
Peon

Post by LedStyle »

I think its time to open another post to discuss this... hehe.

Sorry admins and moderators.

Post: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1403